Complaint Review: Stream Energy

• Submitted: Mon, July 27, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 15, 2010

• Reported By:houston Texas
Stream Energy
streamenergy.net Dallad, Texas U.S.A.

Stream Energy turned my lights off and i payed the bill! Dallas Texas

*General Comment: Stream Energy are a bunch of losers.

*UPDATE Employee: Stream Can't turn off electricity!

well Thursday morning July 23, 2009. a stream energy worker came out and turned off my lights for non payment the problem came in when i called and told them there must have been a mistake i payed my bill on July 13th the bill was due July 14th they told me they sent me a disconnection notice for $ 329 i told them i never received a notice for disconnection. I asked them how could they generate two bills in one month a bill for July 14th and a disconnection notice for July 23rd. The lady said well we see the error but you need to pay $329 to get your lights back on its nothing i can do! after arguing with her for two hours i decided to call the public utility commission. Its July 27th my lights are still off!

Lisajay
houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2009 01:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stream-Energy/Dallad-Texas/Stream-Energy-turned-my-lights-off-and-i-payed-the-bill-Dallas-Texas-473631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stream Energy

#1 General Comment

Stream Energy are a bunch of losers.

AUTHOR: Pizzaguy - (U.S.A.)

You know exactly what she meant when she said a stream energy worker. Not everyone is familiar with the unusual structuring of the electric companies here in Texas.

You completely side-stepped the actual issue (not surprising) which was, she got billed incorrectly. Moreover, your rep admitted to the freaking mistake and said, "there was nothing she could do. you have to pay $329 to get your electricity back on." You and your company are a bunch of greedy bastards trying to stick it to everybody you can. Just admit it. Hell, I'd have a little more respect for you (not really) if you'd just man up and admit you were gouging the shit out of people so you could make more money.

My prediction is that your gay little company will fail epically and you will soon be jobless. I'm a former customer by the way so I know your games. My son and I moved into a home last August and I had my service with Stream transferred to my new residence. My first bill went to my old address even though the meter at my new residence was listed on the bill. I received it only a couple of days before it was due and when I called to say I was mailing it that day, they insisted that I pay the after the due date amount. Unbelievable. I argued with your dumbass employees for a half hour to no avail. So, recently I switched to Reliant and when I received your last bill for service, I used it for toilet paper. I encourage all Stream customers to do the same. Have a nice day. ;)

Stream Can't turn off electricity!

AUTHOR: Smiles8103 - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry to hear that your electricity has been turned off, but I have to tell you that Stream energy CANNOT turn off anyone's electricity. No matter who your electricity provider is, the poles and wires company does ALL of the maintenance, and shutting the service on/off. Stream is a CREP ( competitive retail electric provider), they can put in the order to turn off your electricity, but they can not turn it off. Also, noone in a Stream uniform would have ever come to your residence to conduct any type of business. I hope the Public Utility Comission has helped you! Good luck.