Complaint Review: Stream Energy

• Submitted: Mon, November 03, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 03, 2008

• Reported By:Tyler Texas
Stream Energy
PO Box 650026 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Stream Energy Billing with no explaintion Dallas Texas

Since June of 2008 I have paid over $2000.00 in eletric bills. I shut off my air conditioner in September so I would have some money for Christmas. My bill in October was ok until they double it. The second amount, which was equal to orginal bill, was listed as energy rate correction.

I called the company and was told that in July they only charged me 14% and should have charged me 19%. And I should be grateful, as I saved nearly $50 in taxes. I keep asking why I was not billed for the 19% in July and was not given any reason but was told over and over again that I need to pay for what I consumed. When I asked for a corrected detailed bill showing why I owed the additional amount I was refused. At one point she stated that they could charge me 19% every month, which I took as a threat.

I have reported this to the BBB but will have to pay the entire bill or lose my credit rating. I have switched to another company and am hoping that this is not a practice used by all.

Tyler, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2008 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stream-Energy/Dallas-Texas-75751/Stream-Energy-Billing-with-no-explaintion-Dallas-Texas-387595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stream Energy