• Report: #919741

• Updated: Mon, July 30, 2012

• Reported By: Rob — Austin Texas United States of America
Stream Energy

Stream Energy BEWARE Stream Energy, Internet

Do Not Switch to Stream Energy!!!!!

I am a new customer. My bill is due today. I go online to pay the bill, just like I pay all my bills online, and find I have to pay a $2.95 fee to pay my bill online. I pay all my bills online. And NO COMPANY charges a fee to pay your bill online.

The Stream Energy website says if I pay it online it will be posted to my account today. I called Stream Energy to complain about the $2.95 online payment fee and talked to a supervisor. The supervisor said it takes 24 hours for a payment to post to my account and that I will be billed $2.95 late fee because I paid it on the day it was due, no matter what the website says. So right off the bat I'm charged $5.90 for paying my bill on time online!!!!!! Outrageous!!!!

I was a TXU customer for 25 years and come to this rip-off outfit. I'm filing a complain with the public utility commission and suggest everyone who has a complaint file it with the Texas Public Utility Commission if they live in this state. It is true: Stream Energy may say it's going to save you money on your electricity, but it will stick it to you to get its money from ripoff fees.

Furthermore, when I called to check about signing up with Stream Energy, I quickly got a representative. As an existing customer, it took me 29 minutes to get a person to talk to. I want out of my Stream Energy contract so I don't have to deal with these shisters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stream-Energy/internet/Stream-Energy-BEWARE-Stream-Energy-Internet-919741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stream Energy