Complaint Review: Stream Energy

• Submitted: Mon, December 10, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: Dropkic — Houston Texas United States of America
Stream Energy

Stream Energy Ripoff! Signed contract then charged month to month rate. Terrible service and cuttoff by mistake! Internet

I've been with Stream for more than four years and every year there has always been a problem. This year was the last straw as I was ripped off and forced to pay this enormous bill. I renewed my yearly contract and several months later I noticed this huge bill. I called them and they said I didn't renew my contract and that I was getting charged month to month rates. Luckily, I have a copy of the 1st contract but in the mean time they would not listen and refused to believe this was the wrong rate. Worse yet, after I finally signed the 2nd contract they kept charging my month to month telling me that the contract was not signed until Monday which means that I had to wait another month before my contract would go into effect. The 2nd contract was actually signed on a previous Thursday before cuttoff but they switched the date. These people are a bunch of lying thieving lowlife scumbags.

I'm trying to switch and the other provider is telling me that I have to pay them in full before I can switch. Then I got a relative to open another electric provider account in their name and they requested documentation like a lease agreement and signed forms. They came back saying that the previous tennant or the tennant listed on the lease agreement would have to pay the other electric provider in full before they could open an account for this relative. They said that Stream energy had a hold on this account and would not allow any other electric provider to open a new account to provide electricy there. Unbelievable!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stream-Energy/internet/Stream-Energy-Ripoff-Signed-contract-then-charged-month-to-month-rate-Terrible-service-980177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stream Energy