Complaint Review: Streamload

• Submitted: Fri, June 29, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 11, 2007

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Streamload
525 B St Ste 1000 San Diego, California U.S.A.

Streamload ,MediaMax Fraud San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: bruce

*Author of original report: MY Miss Steak

*Consumer Comment: Wow

*Author of original report: Most recent (06/30/07) email from these good folks

Wanted online digital storage so I could easily share (large) files with friends. Enrolled with MediaMax/Streamload via debit card on Saturday, June 23, 2007 and then uploaded 300 - 400 music (.mp3) files.

Monday, June 25, 2007 $89.95 was debited from my checking account. Almost immediately their website stopped functioning, but displayed these words:

June 25, 2007
Filed under: Streamload News Bowman @ 3:24 pm

Starting tonight at 9PM Pacific Daylight Time until the late hours of Friday night, June 29th, the site will be unavailable. During this period we'll be performing major upgrades which will improve the performance of the site. This will ensure a much improved user experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that we'll have the site back up as soon as possible. Don't forget to subscribe to this blog for the latest updates on site availability!.Thanks for your continued patience and support. Any questions, concerns, or feedback should be sent to support@streamload.com.

As of today, June 29, 2007 their service is still not available and the wording on their website hasn't changed.

MediaMax/Streamload doesn't answer their phone, and the emails I have sent them generate mostly "Auto-responses". ONE of their Customer Service representatives, "Eugene" has responded to me twice and wonders why I'm complaining!

I cancelled my Wells Fargo debit card, and the bank is investigating, attempting to get my money returned. I also filed a report with the FBI's White Collar Fraud division; the report # is I0706281710093282.

For your entertainment & enlightenment, do a search on Streamload+fraud or MediaMax+fraud - WOW! Does anyone out there in the ether know of an ethical online storage company?

Bruce
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2007 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Streamload/San-Diego-California-92101/Streamload-MediaMax-Fraud-San-Diego-California-257692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Streamload

bruce

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

mediamax is still down as of july 11 2007 and no one from the company will respond to my emails they got me for 40 dollars

I'm just surprised that some company (especially in the US) is doing this!

Copyright is copyright - doesn't matter if the source is an old record or a brand new CD.

You are aware that the RIAA is suing their customer base, right? Stories about grandmas, college students, you name it being sued and given an offer to settle for $2500 or more.

Don't say you weren't warned. Personally, I think there should be a one week boycott of all music... no purchase, no rentals, nothing for a week. That would get the attention of the RIAA.

MY Miss Steak

AUTHOR: Bruce - (U.S.A.)

MediaMax website blog originally stated their service would be up & running the late hours of Wednesday, June 27. When I copied & pasted their most recent blog I didn't notice the dates had been changed.

The songs I uploaded are OLD, many of them ripped from my own vinyl LP records.

There is no "buyer's remorse"; I signed up with (( link removed by ROR)). Unlike MediaMax, their support phone number is on their website AND...they answer it.

Wow

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I don't know who "streamload" is but I think you may have jumped the gun.

They said the site would be done until the late hours of Friday, June 29th and yet at 10:20 AM you post a rip off and you ALREADY cancelled your debit card and filed complaints with agencies!

Talk about not giving them the benifit of the doubt. BTW, I checked their website and there is an update. The are moving their entire business to a different hosting (different servers at a different location.) As I computer consultant, I know this can take several days before everything is tested and "open to the public."

They may or may not be a rip-off, but it seems to me you popped the gun way to early - seems more like a case of "buyers remorse" to me. I think you should have waited.

I'm not surprised Eugene doesn't want to deal with you. I can only imagine what your messages to him were like.

Hopefully it will all work out. You get your money back (maybe) and they don't get your business or complaints.

Good luck.

OH! As to your question about online storage - I know of NO REPUTABLE company that will allow you to use their servers to "store" (read: share with my pals) copyrighted music files as I suspect some of the 300 plus mp3 files you claim to have uploaded are. That ALONE would be grounds to terminate your account with them!

Can you say "Napster?" No hosting service wants the RIAA suing them!