Complaint Review: Stroll ,

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: stvvon — N. Richland Hills United States of America
Stroll ,
1600 JFK Blvd. 3dr Floor Philadelpha, Pennsylvania United States of America

Stroll , Pimsleur Approach, Free Trial Requested Language CDs for $9.95, Got billed $500.00 for additional unrequested CDs. Threatened with Collections Philadelpha, Pennsylvania

It's been almost a year now since I ordered a language cd for $9.95 without incident, however today I recieved a bill from the issuer of the cd's in the amount of $448.00. I was totally discombobulated to say the least. I promptly called the number on the bill to deal with this issue and was met with a total unwillingness to explain to me of how I could have acquired such a debt.

I explained to the collection person that I was never billed for the cd's nor did their purchasing site say anything about me having to pay such an astronomical amount, just the $9.95. Upon arguing this fact, the person at the other end said "We will take $300.00 cash to settle, otherwise it's going to a collection agency." I then explained that I don't have that kind of money and I will have to make small payments on the cd's to keep me from drowning in the bills I already have. This was unexceptable, they wanted all of the money in one lump sum, NO EXCEPTIONS.

I even told the collection person that I would send the cd's back and that they had never been opened or used, however they would not except my offer.  After being shuffled back and forth to different people for answers I was directed to the head of collections who would accept an even lower amount of $275.00, WOW! I revisited the site and sure enough it does say $9.95 with no catches that can be seen, however I'm still facing a collection agency for $448.00. I then started researching this so called company and yep their reviews all say SCAM!!!

I was totally blind-sided by this scam, it really looked honest and dependable. This so-called buisness is anything but..Don't fall prey like I did!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stroll-/Philadelpha-Pennsylvania-19103/Stroll-Pimsleur-Approach-Free-Trial-Requested-Language-CDs-for-995-Got-billed-500-979223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stroll ,