Complaint Review: Stroll

• Submitted: Wed, December 05, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: Itstime — Wilmington Delaware United States of America
1600 JFK Blvd 3rd Floor Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Stroll Internet Order LLC Stroll-Pimsleur Approach-Pimsleur Technique Stroll Pimsleur, Internet Order LLC - SCAM!! Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I have the exact same experience as a previous poster.

Back in May 2012, I received an advertising for a $9.95 language course, guaranteed to help you learn in 10 days. I decided to order it for my husband who was travelling and expressed interest in learning another language.

I'm very careful to look over everything before I order as to not receive newsletters, etc to fill up my mailbox with spam. I was re-directed several times before I got to the advertisement on Stroll. Then again directed several times. I almost didn't order because of all the confusion. I paid for the course, but didn't trust them, so immediately called and cancelled.

They STILL charged my credit card but I did not receive the merchandise.

In July, 2012 I received an email from Stroll Customer Care Team that there was a problem with my credit card and that they were trying to debit it for $256.00!!! I responded back asking why they are sending me this.  I stated that I had not ordered anything from them.

Again, they sent me a letter.   I asked them to stop contacting me and that I did not order this product, but the man on the phone said that I did order it and my account will remain in their collections.  I continued to try and explain that I do not have any other orders with them.  In 11/2012 I received a collections letter, including my email address, but still, no email.

So I called them again stating that I had not ordered any product but the man on the phone continued cutting me off and kept saying that I had enrolled in their Special Language Acceleration Program! They also stated that the "package" that I received was a 30 day trial, which I am VERY careful to read thoroughly and avoid offers like that.  Then to make matters worse, they said that they would not authorize a return request or provide a per-paid shipping label after the trial ends and demanded payment!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stroll/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Stroll-Internet-Order-LLC-Stroll-Pimsleur-Approach-Pimsleur-Technique-Stroll-Pimsleur-Int-978277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stroll