Complaint Review: Strongman Movers, LLC

Cell: 407-461-9747
office@strongmanmoversllc.com
www.strongmanmoversllc.com

Move Details:
I moved from one place to another place, within Florida in 2012.

Here is my story:
The owner of the moving company (Allen Pilley) compelled me to purchase the $5,000 of additional insurance coverage (for $50), stating the standard coverage is just 60 cents per pound. I agreed.
His two movers arrived in a UHaul rental van and collected my home furnishings and boxes. The next day they delivered my belongings. Once they were ready to leave, I called the main office of the moving company to pay the rest of my bill by credit card. I had already paid my deposit by credit card. Jessica Pilley then told me I would be charged an additional $50 for paying by credit card. So I had to hunt through my boxes for my check book, while the movers waited anxiously, eager to leave. I called Allen Pilley to ask if I could mail him a check. He said "Absolutely not." I asked him how the insurance policy worked. He said "You have 30 days to go through all your belongings and report any damages." I found my checkbook, paid, and tipped the movers well.

As soon as I had gone through all of my boxes and examined my furniture, I emailed Jessica Pilley just 3 days after delivery, to inform her that several items had been damaged, as well as the wall of my condo but not to worry about the wall. She asked for me to email to her photos of the damage, and I emailed photos to her the next day.
Over the course of the next 7 weeks, I sent numerous emails and made several phone calls, asking about the insurance claim. They kept telling me "Allen will call you" and "We are very busy, but will call you soon". Allen eventually called me to propose that he do a patch up job on my furniture, including using a black marker to color in the damaged wood. He did not mention how he proposed to repait the damaged leather. I told him coloring in wood, and patch up work is not acceptable. I want him to file the insurance claim. Finally, about 7 weeks after the move, I received an email stating the insurance claim is denied because I did not report the damage on the day of delivery. But he told me on the day of delivery that I had 30 days to report damages. And I reported them promptly.

They sold me a bogus insurance policy. Damaged my belongings. And refuse to do anything about it. This is a scam by a rogue moving company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2012 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Strongman-Movers-LLC/Apopka-Florida-32703/Strongman-Movers-LLC-Allen-Pilley-Moving-Company-Scammed-Me-Apopka-Florida-947490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Strongman Movers, LLC