Complaint Review: Sts Tire & Auto Centers

• Submitted: Wed, February 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 25, 2009

• Reported By:long beach New York
Sts Tire & Auto Centers
4017 Austin Blvd Island Park, New York U.S.A.

Sts Tire & Auto Centers GET IT IN WRITTING Island Park New York

*Author of original report: sts tire & auto center Island park new york

I went to sts the day before with my sons car to switch out some tires. The guy that took care of me was very friendly and professional. no problem that day the price they charged me was ok. while leaving the mechanic told me the rear break pads were low and that I should pick up a set and they would throw them in. the next day being the concerned father that I am decided to get them changed for my son. I stoped up the road at MAVIS tire shop the gave me a price Quote of 59.95 for the two rear brakes. Being that I got sush good service the day before I returned back to STS I asked the same guy that I delt with the day before ,he quoted me a price of 79.95 for the two rear breaks THEN some guy named GAGET (possibly related to inspector gaget) said I needed roters they would do a proper job for @ $350. I went out and looked at the roters I'm no virgin when it comes to cars. I told him just throw in the pads the roters are fine.about one half hour to 45 munites late the car was done.BUT the price went from $ 79.95 to$162.88 when I asked what happend to $79.95 he started giving me some BULLSH.. about the calipers. I paid I left I will never return!! and I will always ... GET IT IN WRITTING....

Never again
long beach, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2009 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sts-Tire-Auto-Centers/Island-Park-New-York-11558/Sts-Tire-Auto-Centers-GET-IT-IN-WRITTING-Island-Park-New-York-428308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sts Tire & Auto Centers

AUTHOR: Never again - (U.S.A.)

Well good news, I called sts main office told them whay happend ,there district supervisor called me he was very concerned,withinan hour the manager of the sts in Island park called me and offered me $55.00 better then nothing !!! will pick up the cash tomorrow but don't think I'll be going back there again !!