Complaint Review: Stuart Allan & Associates, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, April 25, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, April 25, 2011

• Reported By: Linda — Tucson Arizona United States of America
Stuart Allan & Associates, Inc.
5447 East 5th St. Tucson, Arizona United States of America

Stuart Allan & Associates, Inc. Scam/Deceiving Tucson, Arizona

I worked at a small telecommunications company. Of course, when you are a new-hire, you are required to sign many forms the first day of being hired when you are in a group setting. I had to go on short-term disability and then long-term disability.

The first month after I went on long-term disability, I started receiving harassing phone calls demanding I pay back around $9,000.00. This was when I was awarded my disability settlement.

I told the representatives that called 2-3 times a day that I did not sign any paperwork stating I was required to pay any money back. I requested paperwork that showed I signed. The paperwork I signed was not a binding document. I took it to a personal lawyer that specializes in this type of work. He advised that I not pay a dime back, that it was basically fraudulent because of the exact guidelines were not listed.

I told the reps that I spoke with that I did not want any negative reports on my credit because I have never had any. This is after they threatened repeatedly that they would if I did not pay the money in full. I pulled my credit report and they had reported it. I kept getting threatening phone calls.

I finally told a representative (because I was so tired of being harrassed) that I would pay back $50.00 a month until the money was paid off. She recorded the conversation and told me that it was fine.

A few weeks later, I started receiving threatening phone calls where they were saying the amount was not enough. I received nice phone calls and harassing phone calls the whole time. At least two a day then it dwindled to two a week when they realized I was not budging.

They are scam-artists and need to be put out of business! When I worked at the telecommunications company, we were actually sued because we still kept the social security numbers on file. The people won. We were told to not use that as an identifying factor when they called in. I was in collections by the way. The Social Security numbers were still right there on our computers ready for anyone to access. We had three people actually fired for identity theft. Go figure! People, your credit card numbers are still out there to be used by anyone.

My husband and I were so tired of them harassing us that we offered to settle for half the amount owed. I had to agree that if I ever went to work with anyone using Stuart Allan and Associates that I had to pay back the remaining amount in full with the first paychecks I received. The lady I spoke with got so disrespectful that I got so angry and actually hung the phone up and did not settle!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2011 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stuart-Allan-Associates-Inc/Tucson-Arizona-85711-2345/Stuart-Allan-Associates-Inc-ScamDeceiving-Tucson-Arizona-721715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stuart Allan & Associates, Inc.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC