Complaint Review: Stuart Allen

• Submitted: Tue, May 19, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 19, 2009

• Reported By:San Francisco California
Stuart Allen
5447 E 5th St. #110 Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

Stuart Allen & Associates Confirming Other Complainants Experiences Tucson Arizona

My experience with this entity this morning supports what I've read on this site.

I got a call from someone who said he was a legal assistant to a private investigative firm. The impression was that he worked for a law firm.

He said that I owed $900, but would not say who claimed I owed the money despite my repeated requests. He said his call was a courtesy. He could just sue me and collect $3,600.

He was bullying, threatening, combative, belittling and demeaning.

Bizarrely, he volunteered that the conversation was recorded but that Arizona was a "one party state" and he didn't have to tell me that the conversation was being recorded. (I have strong doubt the conversation was actually recorded. I think it highly more likely that this is a tactic used by this agency to coerce those who they can.)

He asked for my fax number to fax an invoice to which apparently would show the creditor. I asked why he couldn't just tell me who the creditor was. He said that he couldn't open the envelope to do so and that my puzzlement regarding how he could fax something that he couldn't open was due to my ignorance of procedures.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he said that he was the supervisor.

I looked the entity up on the web, and found the long list of complaints. I found the main office number and called them and reached some one who said that he was the supervisor of the person who called me. Curiously, he was not able to provide me the name of the alleged creditor but said that he would email it to me (apparently in the form of an invoice) in 10 or 15 minutes.

It has been about 30 minutes. No response from Stuart Allen yet. I will follow. up.

San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2009 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stuart-Allen/Tucson-Arizona-85711/Stuart-Allen-Associates-Confirming-Other-Complainants-Experiences-Tucson-Arizona-453386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stuart Allen