Complaint Review: Stuart Lee Rebates - Wireless Advocates

• Updated: Wed, February 02, 2011

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Stuart Lee Rebates - Wireless Advocates
Http://www.wirelessadvocates.com Internet U.S.A.

Stuart Lee Rebates - Wireless Advocatespromises to issue cell phone activation rebates but never does Stuartleerebates.com Internet

*Consumer Comment: What about my rebate?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dear Key 52 regarding your rebate

*UPDATE Employee: Just not true!!!!!

Wireless Advocates operates the cell phone kiosks in Costco locations. Like any vendor they offer a $$ rebate on activation of a new line. The company uses a rebate agent, "Stuart Lee Rebates", which is a scam. They will never issue you the rebate. Over the past year, I have contacted them multiple times about the status of my rebate. Each time they tell me they have no record of my purchase and ask that I refax the paperwork. Recommend you avoid and purchase from a vendor other than Wireless Advocates. They don't stand behind their guarantee.

Key52
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2009 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stuart-Lee-Rebates-Wireless-Advocates/internet/Stuart-Lee-Rebates-Wireless-Advocatespromises-to-issue-cell-phone-activation-rebates-but-411439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stuart Lee Rebates - Wireless Advocates

What about my rebate?

AUTHOR: JeniRose - (United States of America)

How about my rebate that according to stuartleerebates.com was received on 11/05/2010 and issued on 01/20/2011? I'm sorry, but it should not take this long to receive. The response I get from the company is that I need to wait 60 days after it's been issued to contact them if it's not been received. 60 days? I've already waited 3 months from the time I sent it in until the time it was apparently issued. I do not recommend buying a product that uses this rebate service. The outlet that I purchased my item from, whom I won't disclose, told me that it would come in a credit card form and only take a couple of weeks. Now I'm waiting on a measly postcard check that who knows where it is, it's only money that I'm deserved, right? What do they care!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dear Key 52 regarding your rebate

AUTHOR: Stuartlee Rebates - (U.S.A.)

Dear Key 52,

I read your complaint this morning and I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with the rebate process. It sounds like you are extremely frustrated about not receiving your rebates.

Without knowing your name we can not check anything for you in our system. I can however ask you to contact us through our website and we will be happy to try and assist you.
I would also like to state that we have processed over three million rebates. Our goal is to give excellent customer service to our clients and their customers. The clients we service are the most reputable businesses you will ever encounter. Stuart Lee is not in the business of giving anyone the run around or scamming them. Our goal has and will always be to service the customer to the best of our ability. Please contact our website at www.stuartleerebates.com to see if we can further assist you. This website was designed specifically to help customers like you. It also gives you a record of your contact with us.

www.stuartleerebates.com

Sincerely, Jamie Tracy

Just not true!!!!!

AUTHOR: C-dog - (U.S.A.)

The thing that I don' get is why, after getting word that your rebate was never received, there's no mention of you going back to the kiosk to try resolve your issue. I mean,Stuart Lee Rebates informed you that they never received your rebate form.

There are only two reasons for your rebate to be reject. And those are, an improperly submitted form or a form (envelope) that is not postmarked within 30 days from the date of purchase. That's it. But that doesn't even sound like the problem. They have to receive it first.

I have been an employee since Nov. 2007, and I have helped hundreds and hundreds of members, and if the member follows the directions on the form, and mails it out within 30 days of purchase, they WILL receive their rebate within 6-8 weeks. Keep in mind that the rebate is not processed until after the 30 day remorse period is up , in case the member returns or exchanges the phone. That is why It must be postmarked within 30 days.

I don't know if the person that helped you followed company policy, but not only are we required to fill out the rebate form for the member, but we must also make copies of all the paperwork that is required to accompany the rebate slip and staple it all together to eliminate the chance of an error on the rebate form, so all the member has to do is stuff,address and stamp the envelope.

I honestly don't know what happened,but this is a very rare occurrence that most likely could have been avoided with a call or visit to the kiosk immediatly after notification that the rebate was not received.

I urge anyone who reads this rebuttal to log on to Stuart Lee Rebates and check out the testimonials for themselves.