Complaint Review: StubHub

• Submitted: Fri, February 01, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: BAV — Phoenixville Pennsylvania United States of America
StubHub

StubHub ripped off, poor customer service, did not satisfy complaint quickly or adequately Internet

StubHub is a rip off to get concert tickets.  I made a puchase back in August 2012.  When I went to make another purchase on behalf of my sister, StubHub charged my credit card which I did not authorize and for which they did not ask me (back in August) if I had wanted to keep on file.  As soon as I figured out what happened, I contacted StubHub.  I THOUGHT they were helpful and were even going to credit my account an additional $20 for the trouble.

Well...several days later, not only did they charge my account but they also took the money out of my sister's account.  So back on the phone with StubHub.  Customer service was unable to tell me what was going on with my account and then when I asked to speak to a supervisor, the person on the phone, disconnected me.  So then I had to contact my credit card company to file a dispute.

I just received my credit card bill in the mail.  The charge was on there so I had to call my credit card company AGAIN only to be reassured that the charge had indeed been credited by StubHub.  Remember the $20 additional credit they were going to give me?  Well, it was not an additional $20.  When I added the credit to the other credit, it totaled the original high price that we were charged for the tickets.

So...if you can buy tickets elsewhere for concerts or other entertainment, don't use Stubhub.  Find another source.  Be warned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StubHub/internet/StubHub-ripped-off-poor-customer-service-did-not-satisfy-complaint-quickly-or-adequatel-1007185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on StubHub