Complaint Review: StubHub

• Updated: Thu, July 11, 2013

• Reported By: Syd — Oklahoma City Oklahoma
StubHub
Internet USA

StubHub unfair $518.50 price replacement charged to my account for tickets priced at $35.00!! Internet

I had 2 tickets to Santa Fe Opera for sale for $35.00 each,price of tickets was $38.00.  They were bought on stubhub but I no longer had them as I sold them prior to removing them from stub hub website.  I did not get to communicate with stubhub to cancel them before their deadline.

I did get in touch with them asap to cancel the transaction, but several days later I got an email that they had charged my credit card on file for $518.50!!! for replacement tickets for the buyer.

I am not opposed to being penalized in replacing the tickets with the same replacement category of tickets, even paying some fee, however, it is too extreme to replace a pair of tickets valued at $76 with tickets valued at $518.50!!!  That means they provided them with tickets that were $219.00 apiece.

I called them and was just given polite "too bad, so sad" lip service.

I bet at their board meetings they laugh all the day long at the stupid people who fall for their crappy service.

The old adage is," What goes around comes around". and boy howdy it wont be soon enough for me when stubhub goes bankrupt.  Crossing my fingers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StubHub/internet/StubHub-unfair-51850-price-replacement-charged-to-my-account-for-tickets-priced-at-35-1066224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on StubHub