notable

• Updated: Sun, August 26, 2012

• Reported By: MichaelAnon — Seattle Washington United States of America
Student Edge Painting
5327 Russell Ave NW Internet United States of America

Student Edge Painting Professional Edge Lied, withheld pay for no reason, cut off communication Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Still No Response to Correct

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: More information please

*UPDATE Employee: This company rips off employees horribly!!!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Great

*Author of original report: Everything Has been Resolved

After working for student edge for a month, it wasn't hard to tell how corrupt the company is. From the stories my own branch manager "Jacob"(Full name not disclosed.yet) told me I could better get an idea of how they scammed people. One story he told me was about how a branch manager he knew but would not name would hire workers and use them for their unpaid 8 hours of training and then fire them and hire new workers the next week.

He tried to lay the unpaid training on me and my co-worker after a long 9 hour day of prepping, and painting (which was all unsupervised and full work, no training). So after two weeks of work, which turned out to be part time, not full time like promised I was given a job of hand washing a house.

After hand washing the house carefully, while working alone until the owner of the house came home (and was home for the last two and a half hours I worked) I called Jacob to let him know all went smoothly and I worked 5 hours and he told me that he would call me later that night to make sure he had all the right hours for my first paycheck (woohoo, which was 35.5 hours).

I don't receive a call that night. Instead a text from my co-worker saying that the people that live in the house I washed decided that they no longer wanted our service. And he said that Jacob seemed angry.

So naturally I call Jacob and leave a detailed message of my entire day of work and ask him to please call me back so we can discuss.

I did not want to nag so I only left one message but proceeded to call around three times a day for the next few days. My co-worker gets a call from a different branch manager who he is now working for and I have no idea what is going on.

Remember my last conversation with my boss was that he was going to fill out my pay check work, and then call me back for more info. So as far as I know I'm still working for Student Edge etc etc. Well this was last wednesday and it is now well over a week and after several messages and phone calls I still have had no response as well as no paycheck which I was told would be received "on wednesday the following week at the latest." As well my co-worker hasn't received his either!

From the other many stories I have heard about production managers going full summers and just breaking even but the company profitting I knew there was slimy business taking place, but I had hoped as a painter I could assure myself if I kept my hours written down and did good work (which I was consistently told I did) I would at least get paid.

Over a week has gone by and I have contacted everyone I can in the company including having a email sent to the owner to no success.

Hopefully I will be compensated and this all will go away but until then everyone should be aware of this company and stay away! I have more information I will post about the company later should this continue (reasons why you would not want to have them painting your home).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Student-Edge-Painting/internet/Student-Edge-Painting-Professional-Edge-Lied-withheld-pay-for-no-reason-cut-off-communic-745060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Student Edge Painting

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Still No Response to Correct

AUTHOR: Student Edge Painting - ()

Hi There - It has been more than two years and I have yet to receive a phone call from this employee that claims they were never paid.  My number is still 206-291-2282.  At the time we went through all of our emlpoyees that had worked for us for two years in order to try and figure out who could potentially have been shorted.  All were contacted personally by myself as we only had 9 second year painters at the time.  Certainly the mentioning within this complaint that the employee had been with us for two years brings validity to the complaint however in my opinion someone who felt they were shorted such a large sum you'd think would contact us or pursue the situation legally.  Still we have heard nothing.  If the person that posted this complaint reads this I would still be happy to make it right.  Thank you.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

More information please

AUTHOR: Student Edge Painting - (United States of America)

After reading this report I can empathize with you.  Not getting paid for your hard work would certainly be frustrating. To solve this we would appreciate more information in order to make this situation right.  As the owner of Student Edge I care deeply that people are paid on time and legally.  All job time sheets come into our head office in Issaquah and are verified to ensure that people are paid.  If you could please contact me (Jamie) directly at 206-291-2282 I will make sure your specific situation is investigated and corrected.

Sincerely,
Jamie Wilson
206-291-2282
Owner

This company rips off employees horribly!!!!

AUTHOR: maj93 - (United States of America)

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY OR HIRE THEM!

I have worked for student edge for 2 summers. This summer was an absolute shit-show. I painted for student edge 10hrs a day 4 days a week. Every week my manager would send promises of a big pay off the next week but that this week he couldn't pay me my whole pay check or at all. It is now nearing the end of the summer. I haven't seen any of my dedicated work pay off. I am at my wits end. I have over 100hrs of work that I haven't seen a single cent for. Seriously I am probably in a position where I am ripped off the least but I am still getting the total shit end of every stick.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Great

AUTHOR: Student Edge Painting - (United States of America)

Hi Michael - I did see this a year ago and was quite unhappy that your direct manager was not returning your calls.  I am happy this did resolved and that you indicated as much on your report.  As the owner of the company I take paying people very seriously. All the best with your future!

Jamie Wilson
Owner

Everything Has been Resolved

AUTHOR: MichaelAnon - (United States of America)

This Entry should be deleted but can't. Situation has been resolved, it wasn't good to start but It has definitely been solved. Student Edge Resolved all the problems and alleviated any concern I had.