• Report: #719120

Student Services Inc
4117 Billy Mitchell Drive Addison, Texas United States of America

Student Services Inc used ACT.ORG Information to Mislead Me Addison, Texas

*Author of original report: Follow Up 8/12/12

A couple of days after I completed FAFSA.ORG for our son to go to college, I received a call from Student Services.  She said she knew I'd signed up for the ACT Online Prep, and had the materials ready to ship, but I had to provide a credit card as a deposit.  When I received the materials, there was a survey inside that said if I tried to dispute this charge on my credit card, I would be fined $5,000.  I tried numerous times to get a "call tag",  but have been unsuccesful.  I was told today that there was no way I was going to ever get a refund, and the woman I was speaking with was the last person I'd be dealing with at that company.

They violated the security of ACT.ORG to find that I'd purchased the Online study prep.  They also violated the Missouri No-Call policy as we've been charter members.  They also committed fraud by posturing themselves as part of ACT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2011 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Student-Services-Inc/Addison-Texas-75001/Student-Services-Inc-used-ACTORG-Information-to-Mislead-Me-Addison-Texas-719120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Student Services Inc

AUTHOR: Soccamom16 - (USA)

I have been contacted by the United States Postal Inspection - they have opened a case against Student Services for mail fraud.  If you have filed a complaint against this company or its subsidiaries (and there are quite a few) with the BBB, check your emails and regular mail.  You may be part of this case.