Complaint Review: Student Works Painting

• Updated: Fri, July 15, 2011

• Reported By: Want My Earned Wages — Camrose Alberta Canada
Student Works Painting
1220 2 Av Canmore, Alberta United States of America

Student Works Painting Michael Bignold Painting Unpaid Wages of $1777.44, Cheated Out of Bonus Incentive, No ROE, No T4, Suspected of tax fraud because he paid by personal checks on occasion Canmore, Alberta

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Money cries out for justice

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Karen Yurkewich

Michael Bignold franchise owner conducted business in an unprofessional manner and not in keeping with Employment Standards set by the Government of Alberta, in my personal opinion and experience with him as an employee. Payment for work was bewildering.

He was deficient in his paper work; did not provide copies of forms to employees, including ROE and T4, he did not make clear in writing what work was required and for corresponding pay, he did not keep a consistent and accurate record of hours worked by employees, inconsistent in tax deductions

Supervision was lax

He did not always provide proper equipment for workers

Safety for workers at times was questionable

Breaks and proper rest periods were not properly allocated

Wages are owed! Incentive Benefits did not materialize

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2011 10:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Student-Works-Painting/Canmore-Alberta-/Student-Works-Painting-Michael-Bignold-Painting-Unpaid-Wages-of-177744-Cheated-Out-of-B-753656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Student Works Painting

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Money cries out for justice

AUTHOR: Karen - ()

I have no tax issues that require me to hide wages. I don't make that much because owners like you do not pay what promised. Your funny business with T4's and taxes taken was just that, your attempt to not declare. We had an agreement and you cheaped out. You know it, I know it, Dave knows it and so does Jasek. I completed everything you asked to receive my bonus. You added 2 extra jobs on to your season that I didn't even know about. It doesn't change what happened no matter what you say. The jobs got bigger and the pay got smaller. If you were only going to pay me sixteen bucks an hour you should have been honest and said it from the biginning instead of making excuses why my checks were not as large as they were supposed to be. Ripping off a single mom puts you in a category of people at the bottom of the barrel for character. Nobody would continue to work for this kind of person or someone who holds back agreed upon wages. I forgive you and bless your future as you belong to the chosen people of God and that is required of me to live right, good luck and I hope that you would choose the straight road in your future business dealings with people.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Karen Yurkewich

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

Karen Yurkewich worked with us during the summer of 2010 under a seasonal position.  To prevent seasonal employees from quitting or moving on early they are offered a bonus if they stay on to the end of the last project of the season.  Two other employees DID receive their bonuses, and it was well understood among them all how it worked.  Karen decided to move on to another job with a different company when there were still 2 somewhat large projects to complete.  Karen felt she was entitled to some percentage of her original bonus, however leaving so near to the end puts us in an even worse bind than had she left even earlier.  We did not pay her a bonus, but she has been fully paid for all the hours she worked.  Also note, her T4 slip was sent to the address we had on file.  Three months into the summer, Karen had asked me to start paying her cash under the table because she was having tax troubles but I refused, which seemed to make her bitter.  I put a lot of energy into helping Karen on a personal and professional level throughout the summer (pay advances, helped her move, paying for more than she earned just because she needed it), and was surprised and dissapointed when she went on a tirade to discredit me because she missed her bonus.