Complaint Review: Studio B - Sony Factory Outlet

• Submitted: Wed, November 01, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, November 21, 2006

• Reported By:Maple Ridge British Columbia
Studio B - Sony Factory Outlet
15483 S. Apopka Vineland Road Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Studio B - Sony Factory Outlet Best Ripoff Artist in the World - Say they are a Sony Factory Outlet - Charge you three times retail - No Refunds Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: Same in PA.

I purchased the following items from the Sony Factory Outlet at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores, 15591 S Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando Florida - after they convinced me that their sale price was less than retail because they are a registered Sony factory outlet.

I paid $ 149.99 for a filter retailing at $ 25.50 (588% more than retail).
I paid $ 89.99 for a light retailing at $ 34.95 (257% more than retail).
I paid $ 59.99 for a battery pack retailing at $ 33.99 (176% more than retail).

When I checked the prices on the Internet I discovered that I had been ripped off. Even though the items were still in their sealed boxes they refused to refund or credit me with the difference.

I found a similar rip off reported on this site. I then contacted the managers of the center to let them know that one of their tenants was swindling the public and that their tenants business practices where fraudulent and tantamount to price gouging. Today I received an email advising me that action is being taken and that the Sony Store will not be at the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores much longer.

My advice is, stay away from Sony Stores!

Ryk
Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2006 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Studio-B-Sony-Factory-Outlet/Orlando-Florida-32821/Studio-B-Sony-Factory-Outlet-Best-Ripoff-Artist-in-the-World-Say-they-are-a-Sony-Facto-218586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Studio B - Sony Factory Outlet

Same in PA.

AUTHOR: Mark (FlyingScooter) - (U.S.A.)

I went to a Sony at an Outlet mall in Grove City PA and they wanted twice as much on Playstation games. I asked them why they charged that much. Even kmart was cheaper. They did not answer.
It was odd.