Complaint Review: Studio One to One Photography

• Reported By: francesj25 — Lancaster Texas
Studio One to One Photography
14149 Westfair East Drive Houston, Texas USA

Studio One to One Photography Photo Club SCAM Houston Texas

As a concusmer, I am very disgusted with the business antics of Studio One to One Photography.  In November of 2009, I took family photos and joined the "new" photo club.  Payments started to draft from my checking account at $9.95 a month.  When I joined the club, the representative explained to me that I would receive discounts on future purchases and that the membership fees that I paid would be a credit and used for future sessions.  Well, I called about 2 year ago to cancel the membership and was told that if I cancelled my membership, I would lose everything that I invested into it, so I decided to keep it.

As of this week, I called to inquire more details about my membership because I was interested in taking photos and also due to the fact that they stopped drafting funds from my account.  I found out that the draft stopped because my bank changed my debit card number.  I spoke with Rachael Allen and was advised that I had paid a total of $399 and that they have an annual cap of $116.

I was also advised that I would have a store credit of $116 if I reactivated the membership and the $283 was a wash and that it was like a gym membership.  She told me that she would speak with the distract manager to see what they could do.  I spoke with Rachael 24 hrs later, because I called back and was told that they could only offer me a 20 X 20 print, which is not valued at the $283.

My biggest complaint is that I did not receive anything in the mail or by email stating that there was a cap on the funds in the membership and also, if an individual has met the cap, why are you continuing to draft funds from their account?  When I asked Rachael to speak with someone else on the higher end of the chain of command, she became upset. I explained to her that my frustration was not with her, but the way that the company has chosen to do business. I asked her for a copy of the contract and was told that it would take her "weeks" to find it.

Consumer Beware:: The photo club is a scam and the photo sheets are OVERPRICED if your not in the club which basically means your getting screwed either way!

I am escalating this issue!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2014 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Studio-One-to-One-Photography/Houston-Texas-77041/Studio-One-to-One-Photography-Photo-Club-SCAM-Houston-Texas-1154637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Studio One to One Photography