Complaint Review: Studio One to One

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: benevolentt — houston Texas United States of America
Studio One to One
311 Memorial City Mall Houston, Texas United States of America

Studio One to One S121 ::HUSTLING :: TRICKY :: DECEIVING :: CON:: Houston, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Trying to Understand

Studio One to One is very tricky. First, they get you to "buy an account" with HOLD MY MEMORIES to get an affordable price on their pictures. The lady at the Baybrook location told me that it was NOT an option if I wanted to get my pictures (after the shoot). She said it was just a website to store my pictures from my sessions like a "family website" and that if I wanted to cancel within 6 months I could cancel and get a refund ($60).

After the 6 months she said it will automatically take out $10 a month from my account and add to the $60 to be applied to future sessions. I tried to cancel at the third month and it turns out you don't get a refund. You just LOSE the money. So I kept it and I now have about $70 in my account. I took my 6 year old and 9 month old for a frustrating photo session at the MEMORIAL CITY location in their halloween costume and Christmas clothes with a coupon for 50% off my entire order.

My husband went to pay for the CD of all my pictures, originally $400, reduced to $200 with coupon. Minus my credit of $75 it should have been down to 125. WRONG. They applied my credit to the FULL price of $400 and THEN gave me 50% off the balance. After my credit of $75 I STILL had to pay $182.14 after taxes charged to by husbands debit card.

This makes absolutely no sense. This gives me no incentive to even continue my membership with HMM. The money in my HMM account is not valued at half price. Every dollar in that account is a dollar that was taken from my pocket, so why is it worth LESS at the store? The HMM website is also very ugly and horrible to customize. I can't even choose which pictures from my session I do or don't want there. Not to mention that they just threw all the UNTOUCHED pictures in there. For how the devalue my dollars in my HMM account, I might as well pay directly from my bank account to get the REAL DISCOUNT as stated on the coupon instead of having a poorly assembled "family web page".

I called the corporate office and spoke to Christine and was told that this was in fact the policy even though I couldn't find that stipulation on the coupon or on their website. I cannot believe that they would con people into doing this. After two hours at the mall having to chase my children around and smile in one picture of course anyone is going to feel like they have no other option but to go with their "policy". I am currently waiting on a phone call from the district manager, per Christine, but no luck yet.

I will definitely be posting my ripoff report on their facebook page periodically for all to see as well as my facebook page and finding every way possible to show the public how S121 tries to extort families that are trying to make beautiful memories with pictures at affordable prices. Their advertisements to not properly explain their "policy".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Studio-One-to-One/Houston-Texas-77024/Studio-One-to-One-S121-HUSTLING-TRICKY-DECEIVING-CON-Houston-Texas-949769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Studio One to One

Trying to Understand

AUTHOR: N_Christ - ()

I can understand that you would be frustrated if the sales associate you spoke with was less than helpful when it came to explaining Hold My Memories too you. He/She may have been new so purhaps that should be taken into consideration.

At our studio we try to make sure that everyone understand their benefits of being a member as well as all the correct information when it comes to the benefits themselves. More than likely you did save some money the day of your initial visit as well has getting complimentary retouching on all of your pictures. Not to mention they all got archived on the website for you to share with friends and family.

It seems your main issue really stems from the fact that you didn't get a larger discount on your CD. You did what we consider an adventure session. Normally there are NO discounts on them what so ever. We don't accept 50% off coupons on those kinds of sessions. Normally the only discounts that can be applied to a CD is your HMM credit. So I would consider yourself extremely blessed that someone did that for you. Also at our studio, the outdoor session Cd's cost an extra $100 than the in studio sessions. So the fact that you got a full session, outdoor shoot for less than $200 is an insane value!

As far as using unretouched pictures on your website, I don't think you understand the amount of time it would take to edit every single picture for every client, just to be uploaded to HMM. Even though we want to offer the very best to all it is simply isn't possible to edit every single picture before putting it on everyones website.

Lastly I would like to explain that I am no manager or anything like that. I am merely a sales associate who is just shocked by what you've written. Hopefully I have you something to think about and you really understand the value of what you received. Had you been to our studio, your experience would have been much different.

Please try to understand.

NX