Complaint Review: Stuff 4 children

Stuff 4 children
Internet USA

Stuff 4 children Sketchy refund policy posted for defective parts Internet

*Author of original report: HOPE is a habitual LIAR

*Author of original report: Stuff 4 children is a ripoff!!!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response From Stuff4Children.com

*Author of original report: Update-So far so good

I received my electric ride on car on 01/14/14.  It was very difficult to put together.  The instructions were not clear and I had an extra part (green wire) with no instructions for use.  I am a single mother, new to city, but finally got someone to look at my assembly and they too could not figure out what the extra wire was for.  So I charged it.  It works in the manual setting, but not in the parental remote mode (which is the only way toy can be utilized at child's current age).  I contacted the seller today.  They were closed, but she said she would contact me when they were open.  She hung up the phone without getting my name or phone number.  It was at this time that I got on the internet and found her website being trashed on ripoff report.  I am a little leary about how this situation will be handled, but I will be sure to update my outcome.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2014 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stuff-4-children/internet/Stuff-4-children-Sketchy-refund-policy-posted-for-defective-parts-Internet-1122432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stuff 4 children

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Hope - ()

Hello again, Date: Mon February 17th, 2014

In my previous report dated Saturday, Feb 15th, 2014, you will have noted I stated that we would be having our tech support call Ms Johnson to help to assist in identifying why, as she stated, the car works in manual mode, but does not respond to the remote control.

In Ms Johnson’s report, the very next day, on Sunday, February 16th, 2014, you will note she does confirm that she was called by our tech representative.  So, we have followed up as we promised to do.  Our tech support did call Ms Johnson, and did so, in less than 24 hours of our promising to do so.

Ms Johnson was offered a replacement car which she chose to refuse.  Therefore, Ms Johnson’s claim that we are ignoring her is false.

Ms Johnson, on the other hand, has still not submitted photos as requested, which would be very helpful in trying to identifying the possible issue with the remote control. We are not close up to take a look at wiring, etc. Without any type of visual, it is much more difficult to troubleshoot.

Nonetheless, we did offer to replace the car for her. She refused and then chose to file a dispute with PayPal instead.  She opened this claim on Sunday, February 16th, 2014.

FYI, Ms. Johnson, banks, credit card companies and places like PayPal do not discuss the personal details of their clients with other clients, so they would never tell you any such thing, one way or the other.  It is normal procedure however, to hold the funds in a dispute until the dispute is settled.  That is not specific to any individual or business…that is standard procedure.

We have restated in email to Ms. Johnson, our offer of a replacement car.  We have also offered her the option of a partial refund for the remote control.  These options are being made a part of our agreement with PayPal, now that Ms World Johnson has chosen to open a claim with them.

Ms. World Johnson claims we are liars. What exactly have we lied about?  You reported a remote control not working on the 10th Feb..  We promised to send you out a replacement.  We did. The same day you called, one was shipped to you by priority post - USPS tracking number:  122645915189856.  You received it 2 days later. On 14th Feb, you claimed the replacement was not working, so we promised to have our tech support call you to troubleshoot.  We did that and you received your tech service call before 24 hours had elapsed.  So, exactly what have we lied about, Ms. Johnson?

Ms Johnson states that our refund policy is ‘sketchy’.  That means she did read it and she understood the conditions of her purchase.  Our Policy is simple and straightforward…no fancy language to confuse you…no very small print that you cannot read, or will not read.

I am thankful she took this to PayPal, so that there will be proper records of our offer of a resolution which Ms World Johnson, as she calls herself, for her own convenience, has chosen to leave out of her report here.

And let me remind you again that Ms Johnson has still not submitted any photos which would help to identify any possible issues with improper wiring, etc, when she put the car together.

Again, let me direct you to our feedback from other marketplaces we sell on, some of which dates back to 2009.

We ask again, if there is an issue, please be patient and allow us time to help you resolve them.  We will respond within 24 business hours.  Please allow us the time to do so.

Thank you again.  Wishing you and your families the very best!

HOPE is a habitual LIAR

Please explain to everyone why you have not responded to any of my phone calls since it was determined by your support staff that the car was defective.  You have not responded to any on my emails since it was determined by your Carlo, part of your support staff, that the car was defective and I am entitled to a refund.  Please explain why paypal has frozen your account and paypal is representing me in a dispute against your company!!!!  Why would I attack you if a had a car that I could use for my daughter?  THe reason I need a refund is because without the remote feature, this car is useless to me.  You broke the contract by not sending me a vehicle that is operational in the remote mode.  This is plain and simple a breech of contract case.

Stuff 4 children is a ripoff!!!!

I wrote a second letter stating "so far, so good," I take it all back.  Stay away from this seller (Hope).  Her attitude and her products are DEFECTIVE!!!  Firstly,  she called to confront me about the postings I had placed on the rip off report website.  I told her I was trying to give her a fair shake.  I said this is the best publicity for your company.  I am giving a real time account on the service I receive from you.  If you are a respectable business person, this should look really good for you.  She is not even a respectable human being.  She complained to me how "she too was a single mother, trying to run a business and how she is hurt that I would write anything on the rip off report"  about her.  I let her know that this confrontation is creepy and she should not do that to her customers if she wants repeat business.  Futhermore, I do not wish to hear about HER problems.  She can feel free to tell her problems to the person that delivers a 70 pound, $261 paperweight to her front door!!!

Well, I got the new remote control in the mail.  Surprise, surprise, it does not work.  I let her know, hey, my daughter can not drive this car by herself; without the parental remote control feature, the car is useless to me.  She promised that we would come to a resolution.  That is the last time I spoke to Hope.  She has ignored every email and phone call from me since.  I even talked to a representative of the manufacturer that supplies her.  It was determined by Carlo that the car was faulty and I am owed a refund for a defective product.  Unfortunely, I have to go through Hope for that.  Well,  I have had to file a dispute with Paypal, and if I do not get a resolution there I will file a dispute with my bank.  I am sure I will get a resolution there, but if not, I then plan on taking her to small claims court.  I will let  you know if I am ever able to recoup my money from this classless grifter...

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response From Stuff4Children.com

AUTHOR: Hope - ()

Ms. Johnson ordered a red Audi R8 Racer kids electric car from our stuff4children.com website.  Her order was shipped by Fedex.com and was received on January 14th, just as she stated…please see tracking number for Fedex.com - 122645915189856.

On Sunday, February 9th, 2014, (almost a month later), Ms Johnson made several calls to our company,  It being a Sunday, she received no answer. Our contact us page does say we are closed on Sundays and holidays.

She called again on Monday, February 10th slightly before 7AM PST….again outside of our business hours, as we open at 10AM PST and again, this is stated on our website Contact Us page. I was in our office early in order to complete some necessary paperwork.

Because I recognized the number from the previous day, and had noted that several calls had been made, I picked up the phone, introduced myself and asked how I could help.

She stated that the remote control was not working with the ride on car she received.  I asked her if the car was working, if it was driving.  She said yes it was, but the remote control was not working with the car. Note, she states in her report that the car works in the manual setting. I told her that we were not yet open, but that I would look up her information in order to help her.

I attempted to. The computer was running slowly, however.  In order to not to keep her waiting on the telephone while I sorted that out, I told her I was having a bit of issue with the computer and I offered to call her back in a few minutes when I had sorted it out.

Around 10 minutes or so, later, I attempted to call the number that was on the call display when she made the call.  As she stated, I had not taken her phone number or name…an oversight on my part, as I was unfortunately, not quite alert.  It was 7AM – 3 hrs before our website’s stated opening time.

The number turned out to be a business number and I got the usual options to press 1 for this 2 or that, etc.  Not sure what to do, I hung up and tried calling again. I did this approx 5-6 times before I got a live person on the phone.  I introduced myself and fortunately, it turned out it was Ms Johnson on the phone.

I took her information, looked it up to confirm purchase and then told her that we would send a replacement remote control out to her that same day or the next day.  She asked how long that would take for her to get it.  I informed her that we ship those items by USPS first class or priority, so she should have it within 2-3 business days.  She said thank you.

She also told me about a green wire. I requested that she put that information in writing and that if there was anything else she needed addressed, to please put them in writing also and send to our support email, as it will be much easier for me follow up with any issues that way.  I also asked her to take a photo of the wire she mentioned and send with her correspondence, because that would help us to identify any possible issue.

We did ship Ms Johnson a replacement remote and receiver that same day, Feb 10th as promised. It was shipped by USPS first class mail. The tracking number for that shipment is USPS – 9400111899560254292456.  As you will see from the tracking, shipment was delivered on the 12th – 2 days later.

So far, Ms. Johnson has not submitted photo as requested.  We are having our tech support put in a service call to Ms Johnson to assist in identifying why the car is working in manual mode, but the remote is not being received by the car.

For all potential customers, please note, we are a family owned and operated business.  We make every attempt to operate at a very high level of integrity.  Yes, there are issues that do come up and will come up, as in any business.  However, we will ALWAYS make every effort to address your concerns to satisfaction.  We do ask, however, that you exercise patience and allow us time to resolve those issues.

We sell on two marketplaces from time to time…please note our feedback for these kids electric ride on cars some dating as far back as 2009.

You be the judge.

If you have young children, we have a Facebook page:- www.facebook.com/stuff4children on which we post links to several  educational websites that are focused on helping you, the parent, to find good educational tools and resources to assist you in aiding your child’s educational development. We do also post sites that are more suitable for older children and also adult online learning options.  We do hope you find them useful.  If you are on FB, hope you will join us there.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.  We wish you and your family all the very best.

From Our Family to Yours!

Hope-Owner - Stuff4Children.com

Update-So far so good

Hope did call me back.  She says that a new remote control is going to post today or tomorrow.  She also asked me to put any other grievences I had in writing, so she could pass them along to manufacterer.  Stay tuned...