BUYER BEWARE!!! Do not purchase any products from Stuff4Childern.com (Bizhope) or the owner Hope. They sell mostly ride on cars, and though the price is reasonable at first glance, the product is far from a high quality product. We bought her top of the line BMW X8 ride on car in December for Preston's birthday, and were very excited about it, but then the car came in and it has been down hill from there.
We love the idea of the car, but we expect it to work, and look like it was advertised, which this was not. We also expect the vendor to stand behind their product, or want to please their customer, but Stuff4childdren.com and Hope could not care less. We were even going to deal with the many defections and deformities, cause we loved the idea of the car so much, but then one thing after the other starting breaking after 2 weeks, and we barely used it, so we wanted a different version. We never wanted to return the car. We just wanted a exchange.
We immediately called Hope who is the owner, and left a message, as a matter of fact many messages before we got a call back. She apologized and said she would get back with us, and never did. We finally could not take the car anymore, and wanted a new one, not a refund, but her answer is I have to speak to the manufacturer, so you are not even buying from her, so there is no recourse for anything she sells.
It took almost 2 month for Hope to agree to take back the car supposedly, but we had to pay for shipping back to them, even though we already paid for shipping to us. We then went to secure shipping and the car was going to cost $100.00 to ship back. The car was only $300.00 to purchase. We immediately called her to ask if we could use their discounted shipping rates and she could charge our card. She said she would check with manufacturer, but she never got back to us.
We finally got in touch with her 3 weeks later, and she said that they would we could not even send the car back for a refund cause it was too long now, even though we had been working on a resolution for 3 months, and it was too long due to her non response. She did not offer to replace, fix, or anything, so know we have a $300.00 paperweight, which is why I am writing this review here and everywhere so nobody else gets hurt by her. Stuff4children.com is a dishonest company, and so is the owner Hope.
The products have no warranty, and now she has changed her policy that the only way you can get a refund is if the car comes dead on arrival. So if it breaks a day later or and hour later, and things fall apart, or if the product does not function like it should, then too bad. We even took screen shots of her website when we bought it just as protection for her purpose, and she had recently changed her policy and tried to say it was there the whole time. We then send her the screenshots as proof it wasn't there when we purchased, and her answer was, " well I have had to have refund policy duh". "Every company has a refund policy".
I said, you had a policy just not the one you have now, that you claimed to have then. It has been the worst buying experience we have ever had, and we buy lots of stuff online. She went on to say that her ride on cars are cheaper the anyone elses, and I said what good is that if the car does not work The other companies like Toys R US and Buy By Baby stand behind their products, and make sure their customers are satisfied, so I would rather spend $100 more for a car that I know will work and will be taken care of if something happens. I know this is long an all over the place, cause as I am writing this I am so upset that we got into mess.
List of Issues in since we got the car
1) The car has many many defects and imperfections throughout the body. Many scratches on the plastic and chrome and the mold is not smooth and shiny in throughout the whole car. In many areas like where the headlights are connected to the body there are chips and rough edges where the connect, The whole car was not put together or made with care. I highly doubt the car is suppose to look like this. Nobody would buy it. It looks very rushed together. Not a quality product at all. Cool concept if it was done right, but not as is. It honestly looks like a used vehicle.
2) The whole back of the body which was suppose to be pre-assembled and was not included in the directions to be put together by us was in pieces with no instruction on how to put it together, so we can only assume we did it right. According to the instructions the whole body was to be fully assembled.
3) The same goes for the framing under the body, and their are still many screws and washers left over.
4) The front end chrome pieces which are also part of the body were suppose to be installed, but instead were not. There was styrofoam in its place, and the right one does not fit properly and is not molded to fit right.
5) Their is a yellow wire with with circle chrome piece in motor area that is not connected to anything and no instructions on what to do with it or where it should be connected. I am not sure it is important. Also the pieces in the motor area, except for what is connected to the wheel are not placed securely, and wires are pulling on one another. If that is how it is suppose to be then fine, but it seems like while riding it would put a lot of stress on the connections.
6) The right left hub cap does not fit properly or stay on, and routinely falls off
7) One of windshield screws goes right through the hold that connects windshield to car base, and thus is not secure
8) The battery gauge inside car came in cracked all the chrome pieces around gauges are scratched.
9) The steering wheel sound no longer work, but did for the first week. There is also a battery compartment in the steering wheel that unscrews, but there are not battery connectors for it inside. I assume that is what powers the sounds, but the sounds were working, so maybe they changed it.
10) The fake mirror material on side mirrors is far dented and beveled.
11) when we were driving the hook that helps control the wheels from the steering wheel actually came out while driving so we were not able to steer the car, but I was able to fix it.
12) This is not a big deal, but none of the stickers are printed well or properly placed on car. All off center. Bothers Jaime more then me.
13) The seat belt does not even stay on tight during the ride, and the though I like it when you first go there is a big jolt and wheelie that happens, and the same in reverse on max mode. I am sure some parents would say it was not safe. It makes my fiance' very nervous, but Preston likes it, and I think it is funny, but the take off and stop should be smoother, and maybe it generally is. I have no way of knowing.
14) The horn does not work and no sounds play from it (the sterring wheel sound worked for a week and then stopped working all together. Our 2yr old son's very part.