isolated

• Submitted: Sun, November 06, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, November 06, 2011

• Reported By: mommyof2 — The Woodlands Texas United States of America
Style Mall Store

Style Mall Store StylesMall, InStyleMall Selling used merchandise as "new" and keeping 25% handling fee and all shipping costs when you request a refund! Internet

I ordered a flat iron from StyleMall.com on 10-29-2011. I received my shipment on 11-2-2011. Upon opening it, I was disgusted to discover a used flat iron that was coated in hairspray, had red lipstick on it, dirty fingerprints, and scratches across the titanium plates.

I immediately contacted them at the email address provided. Their website promises a response within 24 hours. I waited 4 days and heard nothing. I then submitted my compaint through the customer service webform on their website, letting them know that I would be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and my credit card company as a fraudulent company. I received a response within a few hours! I was told to return the item to them for a refund. They did not comment on the condition of the item at all. And the address they gave me to return the item to is

ZHIWEI ZHAO, 984 Valley View Ave, Apt 3, Morgantown,WV ,26505.

Clearly, not a legitimate business!! So I replied, requesting that they email me a pre-paid shipping label for the return. Here is the next email I received:

"You should send it back at your own cost, we have not done anything wrong with your order, You'll be refunded according to our return policy. Thanks"

So, I took a look at their return policy. They will gladly give a refund....minus any shipping you paid either direction, as well as a 25% "Handling" fee! So, the scam is to sell gross, used items as new, knowing that it will be returned. I'm guessing that they send the same item over and over again, always keeping 25% of the purchase when it is returned. And the items they sell are $75-$300, so that 25% adds up! I will be filing a dispute with my credit card company for any amount that they keep from my original purchase!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2011 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Style-Mall-Store/internet/Style-Mall-Store-StylesMall-InStyleMall-Selling-used-merchandise-as-new-and-keeping-25-795667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Style Mall Store