Complaint Review: Styles Checks

• Submitted: Sat, January 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, January 28, 2012

• Reported By: Cheryl — East Dorset Vermont U.S.A.
Styles Checks
PO Box 2200, Alexander, AR 72002-2299 Alexander, Arkansas United States of America

Styles Checks Deceptive/Excessive Shipping Charges Alexander, Arkansas

I recently placed a reorder via snail mail with Styles Checks.  The order arrived in a timely manner and was printed correctly.  A day later I got an invoice saying I owed $8.90 because I didn't include enough shipping/handling.  It dawned on me that I got the same invoice on my previous order so I did a little investigating.  Luckily, I kept a copy of my order and noticed where I paid $8.25 for shipping so I emailed customer service and they said I forgot the handling fee of $2.95 per item ordered (I ordered two boxes of check) and there was a $3.00 charge for the invoice.  In other words, shipping for two boxes of checks valued at $31.90, they say, costs $17.15 to ship ($14.15 if I deduct the $3.oo charge for the invoice).  The two boxes of checks weighs less than a pound.  The order form reads... on one line it says for shipping and handling required add $2.95 per item.  Right below that on another line it reads... for checks only we recommend UPS shipping for faster, trackable service.  Checks are shipped together (additional) 1 box $6.50, 2 boxes $8.25, 3 boxes $11.75.

In writing this I can see where I didn't completely read the fine print, however never in my wildest dreams would I believe that a package weighing less than a pound would cost $17.15/$14.15 to ship.  I feel the wording is very deceptive and excessive.  When placing my orders from Image Checks, the name before Styles Checks, I never paid more than $37.80 total for the same order.  With Styles Checks this same order is $49.05.  I have advised Styles Checks that I am not paying the extra $8.90 the second time, that I will be ordering checks from a different company in the future, and that I was filing a complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2012 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Styles-Checks/Alexander-Arkansas-72002-2299/Styles-Checks-DeceptiveExcessive-Shipping-Charges-Alexander-Arkansas-830198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Styles Checks