Complaint Review: Styles Checks

• Updated: Mon, June 13, 2011

• Reported By: Dawn — Reseda California United States of America
Styles Checks

Styles Checks Styles Check Company indenity theft or indenity fraud Internet

I order my checks from Styles Checks online. I placed on order in 12/2010 for two boxes of checks. I recieved a call from a woman named Betty (866)828-9334 ext. 2383 from Styles resolution department, stating that there had been a printing issue and one of my duplicate check forms had been intermittingly sent out to another customer.  She made it sound like it was not a big deal,so I said okay and hung up.
     A few minutes later I recieved a call from a woman named Karen from anohter state telling me she was one of the people who recieved my duplicate check information and it was a full copy of the duplicate check with my name, address, phone, bank address, routing number, and account number. We both assumed I had her duplicate check information.
     At that time I was very concerned because I do not know this woman and she does not know me, and now we would be able to purchase of pay bills with the information that we both had. She also said that Betty did not make it sound like a big deal.
     Karen called Betty again and was told that had happened before and nothing every came of it, and again sounded like it was not a big deal. She advised Karen that there was probablu fifteen people's information involved sine they print in batches of fifteen, but there was no way to know who got who's information, unless they called in like she did.
     I called Betty and was told that this had happened before and niothing had come of it, and she offered to refund me the money I paid for the two boxes of checks I ordered in 12/2010. She also refered me to EZSheild Check Fraud Protection which you can purchase with your check order. Betty put the call through to this company and then proceeded to hang up. I spoke to Crystql at (877)459-0052 Ezt 1204. Crystal advised that I would be refuned the amount of money I have to pay up front for new checks with a different account number once I change accounts with my bank. I had called my bank and was advised that opening a new account with a different account number would be the best thing I could do.
     EZSheild is a protection company but does not provide any protection for this kind of circumstance, it is only for forged signatures, forged endorsments, and altered checks. None of this would be covered by a printing error or this company providing people's personal banking information.
     After speaking with Karen again we figured out that I did  not have her information, but someone from California and so that could mean that possibly fifteen other people have my personal banking information and could at any time have used it for online purchases.
     I have contacted the Attoney General's Office and am waiting for a relply, but in the mean time I really feel that this company needs to send out a mass mailing letting their customers know that their security has been breeched.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2011 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Styles-Checks/internet/Styles-Checks-Styles-Check-Company-indenity-theft-or-indenity-fraud-Internet-740288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Styles Checks