Complaint Review: Su Mei Loo aka Actualize.com

• Updated: Fri, April 03, 2015

• Reported By: James Hinkle — Boise Idaho
Su Mei Loo aka Actualize.com
Internet USA

Su Mei Loo aka Actualize.com www.actualize.com Writers beware - Su Mei Loo is running a scam and never pays writers she contracts with. New York City Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Slanderous report

*UPDATE Employee: Accusation is baseless

*Author of original report: Also works for CoachReg LTD

Su Mei Loo works for Actualize.com, a scam company based in Singapore. She is actively recruting low bidders on freelance sites like odesk.com and elance.com to become "lifestyle writers" for an upcoming website based on Maslow's theories.

She provides enough information to be credible - writers guidelines and approved content topics. If you submit your writing to her she always gives incredibly supportive and glowing feedback...from one of her emails:

"Tony - you are an amazing writer! Thank you for a well researched, incredibly engaging article."

Sounds like a great client, yes? Here's the rub: she doesn't pay.

At first, she gives you reasonable excuses - oh, sorry just forgot, and "oh yes, we are a start up and need to hire someone to push the "pay" button next to your invoices" and "we will get to it next week and we'll make sure all future invoices are paid immediately"

Dont fall for Su Mei Loo's scams! She never pays. Once she has all the copy (she hires multiple writers for each project she posts) she simply closes her account, makes up a new email address, and enlists more naive writers to produce content for her (that she promptly resells to sites like textbroker.com.

Unfortunately, Su Mei Loo is not the only scammer on odesk , freelancer, and elance. But if enough writers complain on ripoffreport.com, maybe we can prevent future writers from falling for her scams.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2014 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Su-Mei-Loo-aka-Actualizecom/internet/Su-Mei-Loo-aka-Actualizecom-wwwactualizecom-Writers-beware-Su-Mei-Loo-is-running-a-s-1172504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Su Mei Loo aka Actualize.com

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Slanderous report

AUTHOR: Su Mei - (USA)

In addition to the above the rebuttal (I think both reports are submitted by the same person using different names), I would like to add that I can furnish, to anyone who want to see, the payment records showing the payment that I have been making to my writers. Or I can refer you to the writers I have been working with on the timeliness of my payments.

Looking at the correspondences that I had with Michael Alber, my last email to him, informing him that I will be dropping him is dated 25 Aug 2014. The above report was submitted on 26 Aug 2014. Isn't that too much of a coincidence? He studied at Columbia University, New York. I would not pay him, because I couldn't use the plagiarised article that he wrote.

Accusation is baseless

AUTHOR: Su Mei - ()

I am Loo Su Mei, the person accused of being a scammer by this writer. I only found out about this report today, when someone pointed out this website to me while doing a general search on our company.

The writer did not provide comprehensive information on how I 'scammed' him and as far as I know, his accusations are completely baseless. His statements are general and he didn't provide any detailed information on which platform I engaged him on, as well as the works I have asked him to write.

I would like the writer to elaborate clearly on his user name on the platform that I engaged him on. Because so far, I only used one platform for my writers, but he quoted many (odesk, elance, etc). And on the sole platform that I used, I paid all my writers, except for one (Michael Alber) because the entire article he submitted to us, was just a paraphased of another article by someone else. That is a big no, no for writers. I noted that this report was made in Sep 2014. I dropped him as our writer in end Aug 2014.

This is my email to that writer:

Thank you for your article. I have gone through it and made some comments.

I did a search on the internet because I was not familiar with Veronese's work and during my reading, I found several articles to be very similar to your article, especially this article in The Atlantic http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/... which has almost the same angle as your article.

Our content writers must produce original articles and unique content. Even if the quotes or stories use are not original, the angle of writing should be original. I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to offer you a long-term writing contract with us.

I have no problems with others writers, some of whom I am still working with. Payment is always made on time because it is executed by the system. The only writer I didn't pay for his work is Michael Alber.

Ours is a perfectly legitimate business and website. He just failed, while others have been able to meet the basic standard required of a writer - in providing original content.

Also works for CoachReg LTD

AUTHOR: Mark Anthony - ()

In one document, Su Mei Loo accidentally included another company name, CoachReg LTD. Not sure if this company is involved in the scam she is running on Actualize.com, but thought other writers should be aware of it.