Complaint Review: Subco Inc

• Reported By: Mary — New York New York
Subco Inc
Fresno, California USA

Subco Inc Unwanted Magazine Subscription Fresno California

At the end of June, I began receiving issues of Entertainment Weekly.  When I called EW to cancel the one-year subscription, I was informed that I can't because I didn't order it! (What a lovely Catch-22!)  I asked to speak with a supervisor who agreed to make sure that my name & address are "shared" because of the subscription.

She also provided with the contact info for Subco Inc (800-258-3350) since they ordered the subscription.  Now, I have to contact them to have them cancel the subscription.  To say the least, I am NOT happy.  Subco are on Pacific Time, so I will try them again when they are open.

I am already on the Direct Marketing Associations lists for "Do Not Call" and "DMA Choice."  I am listed there as requesting not to receive email offers from magazines to which I don't subscribe.

Subco should be ashamed of themselves!  What a waste of my time!  Also, advertisers pay for their ads based on a magazine's circulation.  To have the circulation artifically inflated just seems wrong!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subco-Inc/Fresno-California-93711/Subco-Inc-Unwanted-Magazine-Subscription-Fresno-California-1063491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subco Inc