Complaint Review: Subco Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, December 15, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 15, 2011

• Reported By: dangerine — San Francisco California USA
Subco Inc.
653 West Fallbrook Ave. Fresno, California United States of America

Subco Inc. scam, spam, magazine subscriptions, mail order Fresno, California

About three years ago, I suddenly was inundated with magazine subscriptions. They had my name misspelled and address not-quite-right. There were literally a dozen of them, seemingly at random (who reads both Cosmo and Bass Fishing??).

I called all the different magazines and asked them to cancel them - they said I needed to contact Subco, who had made the orders for me. I contacted Subco and they said I would have to first pay for all the subscriptions - $95 total - because they had already paid the magazines. After A LOT of work going back and forth between the magazines and Subco, I managed to get the magazines to refund the money to Subco, and Subco said they would add me to their Do Not Contact list.

Then, two weeks ago, it all started again! A magazine started showing up I didn't request, and I immediately contacted the magazine and got it stopped, then contacted Subco and was assured 1) it was only the one magazine, 2) it would be stopped immediately and 3) I would be on their Do Not Contact list (which I now doubt exists). Not only did that one magazine not stop, but more started coming too!

I think they got my name and address from a group of sketchy door-to-door salesmen who had been in my neighborhood before the magazines started coming, and that they took my (wrong) name off my mailbox. No matter how they got it, Subco is absolutely running a scam - signing people up for a ton of magazines and then demanding payment to make it stop. Asking them to remove your name from their database does NOTHING.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2011 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subco-Inc/Fresno-California-93711/Subco-Inc-scam-spam-magazine-subscriptions-mail-order-Fresno-California-809925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subco Inc.