Complaint Review: Subrogation management Team c/o budget rental

• Submitted: Mon, February 20, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 20, 2012

• Reported By: Tom — Anderson South Carolina United States of America
Subrogation management Team c/o budget rental
Internet, South Carolina United States of America

Subrogation management Team c/o budget rental False charges for damages to vehicle which I did not do. Internet, South Carolina

Budget/Thrifty rental is attempting to charge me with damages to a rental car which was not damaged while I retaed the vehicle. It must have been done by a previous renter. When I returned the vehicle I was told there was damages to the car (scratches on the lower front left bumper). I told the agent that I did not do it, and she had me fill in a form to state that I was not responsible for the damages. Furthermore the agent never showed me the so called damage.

Three days later I received a bill from Subrogation Management in the amount of $608.00. I sent an immediate response explaing that it could not have happened while in my possession as I simply drove the car to my daughters house, parked the car in her driveway while visiting, then drove it back to the rental location. Instead of them responding back I received a "revised" invoice for $1071!!!

This is nothing short of a rip off. Did I look at the vehicle before renting? Yes I did and I noted the many scratches on the right hand side of the vehicle, and due to the car being surrounded by other cars I did not and could not have noticed the claimed scratches on the bottom of the car.

I was told there was never any claims for this damage. What says that anyone from the renatal company ever noticed it prior to my rental??? This is for scraches, not body damage which will not prevent the car from being driven.

i have returend to the location to see the damage for myself, and of course it is unavailable.

this is For the Dollar rental location in Greer, South Carolina.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2012 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subrogation-management-Team-co-budget-rental/Internet-South-Carolina-29650/Subrogation-management-Team-co-budget-rental-False-charges-for-damages-to-vehicle-which-842160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subrogation management Team c/o budget rental