Complaint Review: Subscriber Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, June 03, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 03, 2011

• Reported By: Katarzyna — United States of America
PO Box 741112 Arvada, Colorado United States of America

Subscriber Services, Inc. Diamond Communications Misinformation, Daily Calls, Rude Representatives Arvada, Colorado

They called me on my cell phone about two months ago (not sure how they got my number). Advertised themselves as Diamond Communications, but I don't believe they said Subscriber Services, INC at any point during the first conversation. Talked me into purchasing magazine subscriptions at a "discounted price."

They told me I had to pay about $18 over the phone to start up this subscription. Never told me it was a contract. After I got off the phone with them, I called them right back and told them to cancel it.
They refused to, telling me the money had already been dispersed to the magazine companies and they had already charged my card. I then called my bank and cancelled my card,  hoping that would do something, but it did not. They have been badgering me every day since then.

I finally answered and fought with the guy for a while, trying to come to a compromise. He wouldn't budge, he just kept trying to get money from me. He said my bill was approximately $700 for the whole year.
He would settle for a smaller number, but I was so livid at the time I don't remember what he said. He continued to tell me my account would be sent to a collections agency if I did not pay soon. This company needs to be more specific with their consumers by letting them know about the contract, or whatever they want to call it.

Better yet, just shut that place down. Personally coming from a telemarketing company, I've seen and heard so much better than that scum. I know what it's like, but I would never misinform or deceive a customer of mine.
After fighting a few more minutes, I hung up on him and they have yet to call me back. This "company" is a load of crap and needs to be shut down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2011 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subscriber-Services-Inc/Arvada-Colorado-80006/Subscriber-Services-Inc-Diamond-Communications-Misinformation-Daily-Calls-Rude-Represe-736634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subscriber Services, Inc.