Complaint Review: Suburban Propane

• Reported By: Phil — Saegertown Pennsylvania United States of America
Suburban Propane
PO Box 458 Lyndora, Pennsylvania United States of America

Suburban Propane Price Gouging and Blackmail Lyndora , Pennsylvania

After having been a loyal customer of Suburban propane for over 5 years I finally became aware of their price gouging. After giving Suburban 3 months to be more competitive (they were at times a dollar more a gallon for propane than other local suppliers) I told them I would be having a new company provide me with propane. They attempted to keep my business by dropping their price to within 50 cents more a gallon of local suppliers but I told them this was not good enough. They understood and told me to call when the new company hooked up the new tank. When I did this they told me I would pay 50 cents a gallon for them to empty the tank and reimburse me my money and they would charge me a 100 dollar pickup fee. They claim my wife signed a form that states this. I am the only name on the account and if their was any contract I should have been the one to sign it.  (They have not provided me with this contract yet). I have no problem paying a restocking fee of 50 cents a gallon (even though they filled my tank when it was at 40 percent and I didn't expect them to come until after I had the new tank put in. They've never filled it a 40 percent before I told them I would be switching companies.)  I do however have a problem paying a fee for them to come get their tank. This fee is basically a form of blackmail for anyone to stay with suburban as a supplier or pay a fee. The money is not the big concern to me here the shady business practice is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2010 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suburban-Propane/Lyndora-Pennsylvania-16045-0458/Suburban-Propane-Price-Gouging-and-Blackmail-Lyndora-Pennsylvania-562204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suburban Propane