qualified

• Updated: Tue, March 09, 2010

• Reported By: Lonny — Caldwell Idaho United States of America
Suburban Propane
8550 Franklin Rd Portland, Oregon United States of America

Suburban Propane Filled 500 gallon tank after repeatedly being told not to fill unless requested Portland, Oregon

We began service with Suburban Propane Nov.19, 2004 and was very pleased with service and customer service.

As time went on we used less propane and requested that they deliver on request. After the first time they came and filled the tank we called Boise and again requested that they only deliver upon request.

This happened once more and we called and told them how unhappy we were that they were just showing up and filling the tank without us requesting the delivery. We drafted a letter and sent it to their offices in Portland.

We later requested a minimum delivery at which time they came and filled the tank (500 gallons). I called and told them I'd been layed off and didn't know how I was going to pay for the extra propane. We worked it out but againg they were told not to deliver unless called.

Their excuse on all of these deliveries was that the driver was not paying attention.

They have since delivered and filled the tank at a cost of $1508.86.
The excuse this time was that they have a mandatory service and fill once a year... I see nothing about that in any paperwork or contract.

I have called the local office and again explained that I do not want them to deliver and this time I requested they come get the fuel and tank. They want me to pay to remove the fuel and tank!

The propane was turned off last fall at the building and we have not used any of the last delivery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2010 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suburban-Propane/Portland-Oregon-97238/Suburban-Propane-Filled-500-gallon-tank-after-repeatedly-being-told-not-to-fill-unless-re-579478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suburban Propane