Complaint Review: Suburban Propane

• Reported By: Darlynn — Harrisville New York United States of America
Suburban Propane
Rt 12, Watertown, NY Watertown, New York United States of America

Suburban Propane Unethical business practices/price gouging Watertown, New York

I bought propane from Suburban Propane until they started charging me double the price I could get it from another company. I called Suburban in December 2010, and agreed to pay for the December delivery at a discounted price of approximately $3.50/gal and they agreed not to bring me any more propane. In March Suburban came and topped off the tank and charged me $4.86/gal. for 77 gal. I called them and they agreed to come and get the tank, waive the restocking fee, and reimburse me for the propane that was in the tank before they topped it off. For the next two months I recieved bills for the 77 gal of propane and a restocking fee. Each time I called them I had to argue with them for over a half hour before they read their notes completely and agreed to waive the restocking fee and refund the money for what was in the tank when they mistakenly topped it off in March. Today, May 32, 2011, I spoke with Kim in the Watertown office and once again she has agree, after a very long conversation, to waive the restocking fee and give me a refund. I would like to go on record stating that this is a horrible company to deal with. They overcharge, they deliver when you ask them not to and then try to charge a restocking fee when it was their "mistake". That's quite a racket. How many people have the time or inclination to fight with them to get justice? Suburban Propane profits from unfair business practices, trickery, price gouging, and ridiculous fees. They should be put out of business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2011 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suburban-Propane/Watertown-New-York-13601/Suburban-Propane-Unethical-business-practicesprice-gouging-Watertown-New-York-732113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suburban Propane