Complaint Review: Suburban Propane

• Reported By: Ramza — blissfield Michigan
Suburban Propane
Nationwide USA

Suburban Propane, Pennington Gas Price gouging Nationwide

Before Pennington gas was purchased by Suburban propane, I was a customer for 3 years. i had a large tank, too large for my house. Due to the size and the minimum fillup for a tank that size, we (myself and the courtious phone operator) decided to downsize my tank. Now it is 124 gallon and they assured me that my minimum fill amount would be half of the tank, approx. $125-185. Now since they have become suburban propane, i called to get a delivery, not to fill the tank. I was told by the secretary that they don't do that. She told me they have to fill the tank, and it will be $410. i told her i would call her back later. after seeing all the reports on this website about suburban propane, i decided to shop around. First number i called told me they could fill the same tank for 210. Local company called Garst propane. Nice people. So i have since switched companies, however am still waiting for suburban to come get the empty tank.

My largest concern is for the town of morenci. I am not sure that people in that area have another option for their propane service. In my opinion these awful people are trying to create rural monopolies on peoples heating. if you can switch, do it. they cant do this if we refuse to let them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2014 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suburban-Propane/nationwide/Suburban-Propane-Pennington-Gas-Price-gouging-Nationwide-1143573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suburban Propane