Complaint Review: Suburban Propane

• Updated: Thu, November 25, 2010

• Reported By: annoyed — Sherwood Oregon United States of America
Suburban Propane
tigard, Oregon United States of America

Suburban Propane the kings of overpriced propane by more than double tigard, Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: I was in the same boat and how I'm getting out.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Propane price

*Consumer Comment: COMPLAIN TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEY AND ANY REGULATORY AGENCY

I recently had my propane tank filled and was shocked at the price, $4.99 per unit, so i called the competitor and was quoted $2.39.  Really, how is it possible to be in a service industry and be priced by more than double your competitor.  and now they will not remove the tanks so i can switch services and will not respond to my emails or calls.  They hae told me four times a manager would call me and no one has called.  The worst price and the worst customer service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2010 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suburban-Propane/tigard-Oregon-97224/Suburban-Propane-the-kings-of-overpriced-propane-by-more-than-double-tigard-Oregon-645446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suburban Propane

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I was in the same boat and how I'm getting out.

AUTHOR: Leroy mercer - (U.S.A.)

Suburban quoted us a very high price, too.  I called around and found everyone else were far cheaper.  What I did is have a friend come over with some equipment and dig their tank up.  I bought my own tank so I can always chose who I buy propane from.  The only remaining problem is that Suburban, after several calls, has still failed to come pick up their tank.  They refused to sell me the tank, btw.  It appears to be Suburban's company policy that they will only do business with those they can screw.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Propane price

AUTHOR: old propane guy - (United States of America)

The price the competition quoted was a new customer price. I got my renewal bill for the Tampa Tribune at $147.00 for the year. The St. Pete Times is offering $60 or so for new customers. To keep my business, the Tribune gave me a year subscription for $54. My credit card company has refunded my $50. annual fee for 3 years in a row because I tell them I will leave if they don't. What you should have done is bought your tank, so you could buy from anyone. Most people don't because the initial cost is cheaper if you rent the tank. I am well informed on propane prices, and can assure you that they all have new customer rates and raise your price later on, especially if you use less gas than normal. If you can't get a reply from management, go to the home office. They have 800 numbers or web sites where you can air your concerns.

COMPLAIN TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEY AND ANY REGULATORY AGENCY

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE KIND OF PRICE GOUGING THE MOB USED TO DO IN CHICAGO.

YOU ARE LUCKY THERE IS SOME COMPETITION.

I WOULD HAVE SOMEONE WITH A BACKHOE DIG UP THEIR STUPID TANK OR DISCONNECT AND HAVE IT REMOVED AND DELIVERED BACK TO THEM REQUIRING THEM TO SIGN FOR IT AND THEN I AM DONE WITH THEM.