Complaint Review: Subway Sandwich Shop

• Reported By: louigi909 — Meridian Mississippi United States of America
Subway Sandwich Shop
2445 North Hills St. Meridian, Mississippi United States of America

Subway Sandwich Shop Military/Senior Discount Gimmick Meridian, Mississippi

Before I retired I ate frequently at the Subway on my route.  One day a couple years ago I noticed the 10% discount posted on the marquis.  When I got to the counter I ordered a 6" extra value meal, then when I got to the register to pay I asked for the senior discount.  When the clerk rang up the meal it came to more than the regular advertised price.  I told her that I had a tuna fish sandwich, and that she must have charged me for the wrong extra value meal.  She said no, that to get the senior, or military discount, she had to ring up the items individually.  It was quite embarrassing disputing a 10% discount with people in line behind me.  A week or so after that I ordered a $5.00 footlong and small drink, not an extra value meal.  The clerk rang it up and it came to over $8.00. Once again I asked if she charged me for the correct sandwich, (different clerk). She said the $5.00 was a discounted price and the senior or military discount would be a double discount and that I had to pay the full $7:50 to get the discount. This time I asked for the manager. He told me the same thing that the clerk did.  I told him to keep his sandwich, I didn't like gimmicks and that he should remove the 10% senior & military discount notice on his marquis.  It's still on the sign.  I don't know if this is a franchise wide policy.  It prevails in Meridian, Mississippi. BE WARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2012 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subway-Sandwich-Shop/Meridian-Mississippi-39305/Subway-Sandwich-Shop-MilitarySenior-Discount-Gimmick-Meridian-Mississippi-955710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subway Sandwich Shop