Complaint Review: Subway

• Submitted: Sun, August 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 03, 2009

• Reported By:Corpus Christi Texas
Subway
SPID By Best Buy Corpus Christi, Texas U.S.A.

Subway held me hostage at the store while they tried to get their Credit Card machine working Corpus Christi Texas

*Consumer Comment: people today

*Consumer Comment: I suggest you look up the word "kidnap"

*Consumer Comment: No...

I bought some wraps, chips, and sodas at a subway, and paid with a credit card. The lady printed the receipt and put it in the drawer. On my way out, the lady stopped me, and said, "Excuse me, your credit card No go through." So I let her try it again, unsuccessfully a few times. She asked if I had any other way to pay, and I told her "No." So she asked me to wait there while she called her manager on the phone to try to fix the modem, or something. She couldn't figure it out, told me to wait a little bit longer while she called this person, and that, and finally, after 45 freaking minutes, I was about to leave and the manager showed up and started playing with the machine until he could get it working, and charged me. I asked him for a discount, and he just said, "Sorry bout wait, sorry bout wait." I figured I'd complain on their website, explained I was held there for over an hour all together, and they just responded with a generic apology. Not even a coupon. Isn't that technically kid-napping?

Mason
Corpus Christi, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2009 03:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subway/Corpus-Christi-Texas-78415/Subway-held-me-hostage-at-the-store-while-they-tried-to-get-their-Credit-Card-machine-work-475703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subway

people today

AUTHOR: Andbran - (U.S.A.)

the man gives u an apology. and u are mad because u didnt get a coupon? what is wrong with people nowadays?

I suggest you look up the word "kidnap"

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

You CHOSE to stay there - no one held a gun to your head, no one tied you up, no one threatened you
Interesting you have posted 4 rip off reports today about various companies in the Corpus Christi area
Maybe you need to look at your actions instead of blaming other people
Stacey

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

There was nothing stopping you from leaving the food on the counter and leaving. You chose to stay of your own free will.

I eat at Subway about once a week and it's decent but not worth an hour wait.

Don't you think that thread title sounds a bit drama-queeny? Seriously, they held you hostage while you were free to walk out at any time?