Complaint Review: Subway

• Submitted: Fri, May 27, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, May 27, 2005

• Reported By:Mamaroneck New York
Mamaroneck Avenue Mamaroneck, New York U.S.A.

Subway Ripoff overcharged Mamaroneck New York

5/27/05 - I bought a tuna sandwich from Subway. Its list price is $5.19 (for a meal... and I didn't even get that) and the Westchester New York tax rate is 7.5%. I was charged $6.00 which would have to mean that the tax rate was considerably higher... about 15% without the ripoff soda and chips. This happens any time I go there (I have no idea why I keep doing it... since they also skimp on tuna and often don't have fresh lettuce) when one of two people is behind the cash register. Usually, when one of the newer employees takes my order I get a more fair deal... but two of them that may manage the place always like to rip me off. I think next time I go I'll be there at a busy time of the day and I'll take a copy of the New York State sales tax summary, and a calculator with me. And very loudly ask for a receipt and make a big fuss in front of everyone. But in my opinion no one should go to this place. There are some pretty good deli's along the street anyway.

Mamaroneck, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2005 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subway/Mamaroneck-New-York-10543/Subway-Ripoff-overcharged-Mamaroneck-New-York-144205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subway