Complaint Review: Subway

• Submitted: Sun, November 27, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, November 27, 2005

• Reported By:roswell Georgia
1105 Woodstock Rd Ste 140 Roswell, Georgia U.S.A.

Subway ripoff Roswell Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Maybe THAT'S how Jared lost so much weight...

*Consumer Suggestion: Worms in Your Food. For Sure Call The Police

Eleven months after receiving poor customer service from the Roswell, Georgia Subway, I am still awaiting correspondence from the owner/operator of the franchise or the corporate office.

I was served a sub looked down at it on my way to the table saw a worm crawling through my lettuce asked for a refund or exchange and was denied both.

I sat at a table proceeded to call the corporate office number listed on the napkin and the heavy set female that stated she was the manager when she denied me a refund, ( I think her name was Anette), came to my table and stated, If you don't pack it up I will call the police.

How insane is this? In case you are wondering this Subway is in an otherwise well to do neighborhood and I was there with my middle aged Mother and my four year old son.

I felt terribly and I felt ripped-off! I mean they literally took my money, served me a worm and refused me a refund! I am more than mad a year later, which makes it difficult for me to articulate the entire ordeal. Surely, you can imagine how terrible it was if I am still angry, I am not some kind of nut job I just want justice.

Therefore, tomorrow morning I am going to file a complaint with the better business bureau.

At the very least, I would have expected some type of acknowledgement and an apology for the worm, the aggravation and the embarrassment. Yet, Subway will not even return my telephone call. To this date the restaurant is open and I assume nothing was done, I mean surely they would have contacted me had they taken any action right?

Please go up the street to Quiznos they are honoring all Subway coupons and please if you must eat at subway go to another location and always check your food for bugs.

roswell, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2005 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Subway/Roswell-Georgia-30075/Subway-ripoff-Roswell-Georgia-165982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Subway

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Maybe THAT'S how Jared lost so much weight...

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Hi Christy,
Sorry to hear of your shabby treatment at Subway.
Maybe that's how their spokesman lost so much weight.
All kidding aside, I would be apt to call the local Sanitation or Food Inspection authorities and request a copy of their latest inspection report. You could then tell them about the vermin problem and they could schedule a surprise inspection.
I would be willing to bet that there are several other problems there and that they would be in jeopardy of losing their license and may be levied with a substantial fine.
You will be doing all of the other patrons a great service by pursuing this.
Please post a follow-up with your (and their) findings.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Worms in Your Food. For Sure Call The Police

AUTHOR: Annie - (U.S.A.)

For goodness sake, if you found a WORM in your sandwich, why didn't you let the Subway manager call the police?

I would have......