Complaint Review: Success Advocates

• Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: 3PJC — Boise Idaho United States of America
Success Advocates
9547 South 700 East Sandy, Utah United States of America

Success Advocates Ripped off an elderly retired Cancer patient for $3600.00, then didn't refund anything, or provide promised services. Sandy, Utah

I was contacted by telephone in May, 2011 about grant assistance.  I told the young man that I was interested, but I was having some medical problems and really didn't have the time for this "assistance".

So, to keep me on the phone, he started asking me questions like what kind of grants I was looking for,  did I have a business in mind that I would like to start, how much would I need for, "All my dreams to come true"?

He told me he would do some checking with his boss, and see what we could work out.  Several hours later, he called back telling me that if my health was an issue, we could start the program, and put it on hold if I needed to.

Because I was still reluctant to commit to this offer, he put his boss on the phone.  Long story short, I was fast talked into a $3600.00 charge on my credit card, for a customized program.  I was to recieve 6 weeks of one on one consultation and assistance, and a listing of all the grants available for the business I wanted to start.

About the time that this company sent me a 14 page listing of grants, I was diagnosed with bowel cancer.  The listing provided showed grants geared towards non-profits, local and state agencies and colleges and universities.

The fact is, I'm a 60+ retired grandmother with cancer.  I requested a refund, and was told that they would reimburse $2000.00, which is better than nothing.  However, after weekly calls to this company, I was finally told that Success Advocates had "closed their doors."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Success-Advocates/Sandy-Utah-84070/Success-Advocates-Ripped-off-an-elderly-retired-Cancer-patient-for-360000-then-didnt-978050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Success Advocates