Complaint Review: Success System, Bruce Evans, Pro Plastics, Nolan Dobsen, Atlantic Vending

• Submitted: Wed, December 20, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, December 20, 2006

• Reported By:Warrensburg New York
Success System, Bruce Evans, Pro Plastics, Nolan Dobsen, Atlantic Vending
1124 Halsey #469 & 1005 N 1550 W Portland & Orem, Oregon U.S.A.

Success System, Bruce Evans, Pro Plastics, Nolan Dobsen, Atlantic Vending Deceptively sold gourmet cookie vending machines to me without telling me that disposable plastic clamshells unique to the machine are necessary for the machine to dispense cookies. Ripoff Portland Oregon Orem Utah

*General Comment: I know Bruce Evans and of his scams

On 9/28/06 I purchased by wire transfer 6 cookie vending machines sold at http://www.betheboss.com/franchise and http://successystem.net/ for $7,770.00. The machine is manufactured by Pro Plastics, and sold by Success System, formerly Atlantic Vending.

My contact at Success Systems has been Bruce Evans, 1124 Halsey #469, Portland, OR 97220 Phone (800)974-8199, and my contact at Pro Plastics has been Nolan Dobsen, 1005 N 1500 W, Orem, UT 84057 Phone (801)373-0202.

Upon further research I have found these additional addresses for Bruce Evans: 1833 SW Canal #10, Redmond, OR 97756 & 380 SW 5th St. #144, Madras, OR 97741.

It was not disclosed to me at any time that disposable plastic clamshells unique to the machine are necessary for the machine to dispense cookies. Only upon receipt did I learn that each cookie has to be manually inserted into one of these disposable clamshells before being loaded into the machine.

This is a very time consuming task that adds considerable expense. If this vital information had been disclosed I would not have purchased the machines. Deceptively selling the machines without this information is the only way that these machines can possibly be sold.

Since then I have received verbal and written assurances that the cookies will be supplied, already loaded into the clamshells and ready to sell.

However, neither company has responded to my phone calls indicating that I am ready to place my order for a steady supply of the product. They have ignored my request for a written and detailed Purchase Order showing their commitment to provide me the cookies and clamshells on a regular basis.

In my regular attempts to resolve these issues for the past 11 weeks since making my payment, the companies have constantly employed delay tactics (product will be shipped soon, is on back order, we were out of the office this week, etc. etc.) Now they simply don't answer my phone calls and emails.

Without a reliable and steady supply of the disposable plastic clamshells, the vending machines are inoperable, and so therefore I have fraudulently been sold worthless vending machines. Likewise, I can not in all honesty re-sell these machines to anyone else, because I have no source for the necessary plastic clamshells.

This product is being presented as a Mrs. Field's product, but is not approved by the Mrs. Fields Famous Brands company.

I have filed this complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General for Oregon, Utah and New York, and Better Business Bureau for Oregon and Utah.

Rebekah
Warrensburg, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2006 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Success-System-Bruce-Evans-Pro-Plastics-Nolan-Dobsen-Atlantic-Vending/Portland-Orem-Oregon-97220/Success-System-Bruce-Evans-Pro-Plastics-Nolan-Dobsen-Atlantic-Vending-Deceptively-sold-226421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Success System, Bruce Evans, Pro Plastics, Nolan Dobsen, Atlantic Vending

#1 General Comment

I know Bruce Evans and of his scams

AUTHOR: rxjbird - (USA)

Let me fill you in a lttle. There are two Bruce Evans' a father and son team. The son mostly goes by Todd and I just found out his alias is Aaron Blake.

They are not in Oregon as your info suggests. The elder of the two used to live there but they are both now in Western Washington. They were both convicted of felony fraud in 2009 for a different scam.

Although I personally have not been scammed by them, I would like to see justice done, especially for the younger Evans man. He will not stop until someone stops him.

I'm hestitant to put personal info on here so if anyone would like to give me an email address I will gladly contact you.