Complaint Review: Successful Education Online

• Submitted: Fri, December 28, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2014

• Reported By: Stressedanddistressed — Vacaville California United States of America
Successful Education Online
491 Bluff St #302, St. George, Utah United States of America

Successful Education Online huge waste of money St. George, Utah

*General Comment: The Bathroom Wall

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Inside Information- Honest Review

*UPDATE Employee: This company is a legitimate fraud...I was an employee there.

On October 18th, I was contacted by Josh Fox of Successful education Online, LLC.  He sold me a online business education program which was to include e-bay Trade Secrets, coaching calls, a teaching website, and connections with drop-shipping and website development services.  i should've done my research, because I soon found out all of these things can be obtained for a nominal cost elsewhere.

I was charged $15,690 for a 6 month program and assumed that this was all inclusive.  I found out later that each and every person that I was connected with had their own fees for services.  Their teaching website is nothing but a bunch videos they stole from other websites and lame advice about how to sell stuff on ebay.  All of the links on the site lead to nowhere or to something that costs more money.

So far, I'm in the hole almost $30K with nothing to show for it.  The coach that calls me is never helpful and just sells my information to other company salesmen that try and get me to charge more money on my maxed out credit cards.  I want to report this company because their services are wothless for the price.  i've since found out that everyone they speak to is charged a different amount.

I've been unable to cancel with them because they had a 3-day cancellation policy and it is virtually impossible to mail something within 3-days, especially if you don't know what your getting until a week later and they have no fax number.  I think I was contacted by them when I clicked on a link sent to me by my aunt (found out later to be a fake).  People wanting to start a home business should be protected from these predators.  If I am refunded any part of the fee, I'll be surprised and pleased.  Lessons learned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Successful-Education-Online/St-George-Utah-84770/Successful-Education-Online-huge-waste-of-money-St-George-Utah-988176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Successful Education Online

#1 General Comment

The Bathroom Wall

AUTHOR: VoiceOfReason - ()

I had a friend that worked for a company similar to the one explained here.  He was pretty successful and I always wondered what exactly he did for work. He explained it as, "I provide people with an opportunity to make money from home."  That didn't make a bunch of sense to me.  Seeing how well he was doing really provoked me to find out more about how it worked and see if it would be a good career path for me.  I kept hearing people talk negative about these types of companies, stating they were all a scam and they just took people's money.  I saw things on the news about similar companies and it worried me my friend was involved in some type of illegal activity.  I knew him really well, and just couldn't seem to settle with the idea that he was knowingly scamming people.

I did a ton of research to find out the truth about what goes on, and that is why I am writing on this post today.  I've personally dealt with companies that were out to scam or take advantage of others.  I look at what my friend does as something quite similar to college, but yet we don't see too many blogs or posts about schools ripping people off.

I think too many people look at the internet, or any other type of home based business as a get rich quick scheme.  I made my friend go through his normal explanation that he did with clients and I was shocked to find out how honest he was.  He told me it wasn't a get rich quick scheme and that I wasn't guaranteed to make money just by having a coach, but that with the assistance of a coach and other provided tools I would be much more able to actualize my goals.  He told me I would have to work 10 plus hours a week to do assignments, but that through doing the work and speaking with a coach I would be able to better understand the internet and its funtionality in regards to making money.

In my research I found that most the, "scams" out there would tell people it was guaranteed, or that it would be easy and require little to no work.  Now if he had told me that, I'd be on board with calling his company and others like it a scam.  I think I would say the same to any college that told me that by getting my degree at their school I was guaranteed to get a job in my field of choice making a six figure income upon graduation day.  Colleges, or in other words, education, don't guarantee income, or even a job.

Most of us are reasonable enough to realize that just going to school often isn't enough.  We have to apply ourselves heavily, attend classes, do internships, develop communication skills, upon many other things.  The jobs aren't just handed to us, no matter the degree.  We always have to work for anything of value in life.  For this reason I titled this comment as, "The Bathroom Wall."  I see the internet as just that.  Anyone is free to go and write whatever they feel is true.  Blogs are created to downgrade companies and individuals nearly every day.  If we were to sit down and read the opinion of every single person about every single thing we did, I see us never accomplishing everything.  This is why some people work in engineering, while others work in teaching.  What's good for the goose always isn't good for the gander.  Not everyone is cut out to run a business.  It is a hard job to do, but the way I see it, is that our success is far more realistic with proper training as opposed to guessing.

If we could all just pick up a scalpal and be heart surgeons and make a large amount of money, we would.  But there aren't too many doctors, probably none, that did just that.  Schooling and then more schooling was taken in order to obtain that level of degree.  For all those that say the internet, or any other company is a scam simply because  you are too lazy to get out of bed and work, shame on you.  Play the lottery, do something illegal, (no not really) but do something else other than blaming others for your own inability or lack of desire to work.  My friend worked many years for a great company helping people make money online.  He did very well, but he also helped many others do well.  The only difference I can see in what he did, versus some of the scammers I found, was that he told the truth on the work invovled.

I'd hope we are all intelligent enough to realize that if someone is offering our financial success to us for free, or for little to no work, that we could take a step back and realize we have this little thing called, "common sense."

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Inside Information- Honest Review

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I was a former manager and employee of Successful Education Online. I have been in the Coaching business for over 11 years. There are many companies out there and I can honestly say that Successful Education Online is one of the best.

Every customer that was enrolled we took a serious interest in there success. If a client was not happy we offered additional coaching sessions and resources free of charge. We would go to any length to make sure a customer was satisfied.

I would suggest that whoever wrote the first post contact Successful Education Online to get a resolution as they will respond to you. No customer is left behind. Have you tried contacting them and letting them know your frustration??

It is not coincidence that they have a A rating with the BBB because of their ability to handle customers who are not satisfied.

As for the second post this clearly is from a competitor or someone who was only at the company a very short time because the claims and accusations have absolutely no merit to them.

Anyone can go on the internet and say whatever they want but it doesn't mean its true. You cannot believe everything you read online.

The Bottom line is that this company provides excellent tools and resources to help individuals with their goals but at the end of the day it is up to the individual to put in the time and make it happen.

So the best advise I can give to someone looking to start a online business is to get educated, roll up your sleeves and do not quit even when the going gets tough. Unfortunately most people from my experience give up and quit at the first obstacle or hurdle. Have the fortitude to be persistent and determined to go after whatever you want to accomplish. Wishing everyone the best in their endeavors...

This company is a legitimate fraud...I was an employee there.

AUTHOR: OPMmoreLikeOpium - (United States of America)

I will say that I worked at this company for less than a month because I caught on to what was going and decided to quit because it did not feel right. First of all no employee is really told what is going on at this company and it is kept well compartmentalized, on the other hand any employee that has worked there for long enough is well aware of what they are doing and the customers who they talk to are seen as a joke and an easy target. I personally have spoken to several people while I was working at SEO in St. George, Utah who I was attempting to make a sale to and one elderly lady in particular told me that they had already taken over $20,000 from her by charging her credit card and she could only get the money back after contacting the States Attorney General. This company is breaking so many laws including communications laws and other interstate laws I am surprised they are still in business. They sell absolutely no actual product other than coaching on how to succeed online and all of the information which they sell is common knowledge which is targeted to victimize those who are are not internet educated. Their idea of making you successful online is by guiding you thru on how to sell stuff on ebay...again, common knowledge. After several weeks I decided to resign from Successful Education Online and one of the supervisors whom I confronted questioned my resignation by saying to me "do you think we are screwing people?" and my response was "I didn't say that...you did. This is just not my kind of thing." Long story short, these people are pigs, crooks and are far away from being successful, they also screw their employees, and that was part of the reason why I left, and let me tell you something, making my first sale did not sit well with me. Stay away from this company and if you have been a victim contact your State Attorney General, the FTC and the FCC.