Complaint Review: Suddelink Communications

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:Taylor Texas
Suddelink Communications
suddenlink.com Clarksville, Texas U.S.A.

Suddelink Communications SuddenLink did not pick up equipment before we moved and is now harrassing us! Did not even disconnect service! Clarksville Texas

*Consumer Comment: suddenlink sucks

About 3 months ago we contacted Suddenlink to have our service disconnected. At that time we were told someone would be by to pick up our equipment. We waited and nobody ever showed up. We called the local office, still nobody came, I have a disabled child and an infant , we lived far from the office and could not deliver it to them. Time to move came and we had to go. We moved 400 miles away to an area that does not have suddenlink (which I am happy with because their service and customer service is seriously lacking).

Suddenlink started calling us about a month later telling us if we did not pay they were going to disconnect our cable. Of course we were like WHAT, you were supposed to disconnect it. The customer service rep had no information of that and this then started the long ongoing phone calls to the local office.

FINALLY months later it gets disconnected due to NON PAYMENT not due to us having the service cancelled. And now the phone calls we get EVERYDAY sometimes several times a day are for the equipment nobody bothered to pick up. The last call I got resulted in my hanging up on the customer service person. She asked when I would be returning the equipment and I told her nobody came to pick it up, they needed to pay for me to ship it or send someone out here to get it. She asked me who I called to come pick it up I told her I called the 1800 number then called our local office for pick up. She yelled into the phone "you don't expect everyone to just do everything for you do you". I hung up, that was it.

Now we are going to get charged for a modem we don't need and cannot even use because suddenlink hires idiots who cannot do something as simple as a disconnect and equipment pick up. Not to mention we now have several months of service that was on in an empty house to pay for.

Beware of Suddenlink. Not only will you not get many channels other stations offer because they are cheap and want to rip off their customers by providing inadequate service but they will always try to rip you off when you try to leave.

Jenna
Taylor, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2008 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suddelink-Communications/Clarksville-Texas-75426/Suddelink-Communications-SuddenLink-did-not-pick-up-equipment-before-we-moved-and-is-now-h-298777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suddelink Communications

AUTHOR: Mommy Of 2 - (U.S.A.)

i had suddenlink long ago and they did a similar thing to me. i signed up for my directv and called suddenlink to disconnect my services that day after the directv tech left. they said they would send me out an updated bill so that i would know how much i hade to pay. i got a bill several weeks later...that was a disconnect notice for non-payment. i called and they said there was no record of my call so it never got disconnected. i was furious because that increased my amount due since it didn't get turned off when it was supposed to, and because i had it show on my credit like i didn't pay my bill. i was so angry and i didn't pay that bill nor will i because they refuse to fix it. since they were within walking distance from my home, i walked the receivers to their tech office so i didn't have to deal with the non returned equipment but they do rip off customers who want to disconnect services with them. i love my directv and will keep that forever.