• Report: #952083

• Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: KGPup — Georgetown Texas United States of America
Suddenlink
111 North College Street Georgetown, Texas United States of America

Suddenlink Price Gouging, Bait and Switch and Worst Customer Service Georgetown, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Assistance with Suddenlink

October 7, 2012

Price Gouging, Bait and Switch and Worst Customer Service

On October 5th I called suddenlink to cancel mybusiness internet and change to home internet service.  I was paying $136 a month for 8mps!  At the time I opened the account that was the fastest service they offered.  The first person I talked to for about a half hour claimed my account was closed and I didnt have internet through them.  I had the account number and phone number.  She was quite surly and adamant that I did not have service through suddenlink.  Finally she transferred me and the next person found my account immediately and closed it.

Next I had to set up a new account.  I was transferred again.  The representative was friendly and courteous and the account set up was fine except he couldnt tell me what type of equipment was going to be installed.  I explained that I had suddenlink business and a suddenlink modem already and did not want to get charged for another modem or a monthly charge.  I would like to purchase it on my own if required.

I have been a customer since they were cox and they always overprice their products and try to force you to rent their equipment.  I explained that I was already on the suddenlink internet activation screen.  Can they just transfer me to tech support for set up.  I know how to put a password,username, ip address, dns, ssid ect in modems, firewall, and routers.  He said the tech had to come out to assess the situation.  I tried to get him to tell me what there is to assess.  It is working.  Anyway I just agreed to have the tech come out between 2-4pm on Saturday.

Four oclock rolls by on Saturday so I call suddenlink.  The representative had no idea where the tech was but said he would arrive by 4:30. The tech didnt show at 4:30.  For 3 hours I called suddenlink to see what was going on.  They sent a supervisor around 5:30 who knew absolutely nothing.  Couldnt set up the equipment and didnt know when the tech would arrive.  Around 7pm 2 techs show up.  The tech never called during this period to say he was running late.  Had he just called and said hed be there at 7pm, I would have been ok with the tardiness.  Now a single woman has three men, who all arrived in vehicles that had a company name other than suddenlink on them, in her house to install a modem! None of them knew what they were doing.

The tech couldnt get my modem to work.  I showed him the suddenlink set up screen on my pc and he said they dont use that and made a phone call.  I could see he was struggling and didnt know what he was doing.  I was getting frustrated and told him to install the arris internet gateway he brought with him. It was preconfigured and my cat could have installed it.   At one point the tech told me that I have a wifi card in my pc and he was going to set it up for me.

There is no wifi lan card in my PC.  The reason it wasnt connecting is that the tech didnt plug in the ethernet cable into the arris.  I asked for the ip address, username and password for the arris so I could tweak it. The techs didnt know them!  After they left I got logged on.  The arris was set to the defaults which were easy enough to find.  I basically had to set up my stuff so what was the point of having suddenlink out? Apparently that is how they  force their customers to rent their overpriced equipment. They also charged me $106 for the service call!

Why is there not any other high speed internet providers in Georgetown, TX?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2012 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suddenlink/Georgetown-Texas-78626/Suddenlink-Price-Gouging-Bait-and-Switch-and-Worst-Customer-Service-Georgetown-Texas-952083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suddenlink

Assistance with Suddenlink

AUTHOR: Suddenlink Help - (United States of America)

Hi - my name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink.  I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with us.  I'd be more than happy to assist in any way I can.  Please feel free to contact me directly at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com for assistance.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC