Complaint Review: Suddenlink

• Updated: Tue, January 24, 2012

• Reported By: HM — annymous Other United States of America
Suddenlink
Tyler/ Paris, Texas United States of America

Suddenlink My 90 year old mother has been charged 15.99 per month for a year for DVR service she never had. The box indicates it is a "DVR" box but the DVR service has be Tyler/ Paris, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Suddenlink Help

My 90 year old mother changed to a box to enable her new TV to get HD service.  She specifically did not buy DVR service.  The box was installed and the DVR service disabled because it was a box that could be used as a DVR - she just didn't purchase the DVR service.   Months went by and I noticed her bill had the 15.99 per month "DVR" service added.  I checked to be sure her box was not a DVR or had the service and it quickly gave her an error message when she tried to use the DVR - indicating there was no DVR service with her box.

Suddenlink sent a tech guy to check what kind of box she had.  They "confirmed" it was a DVR... but never tried to use the service and see the box that said "DVR service is unavailable, please contact your cable operator".... they just confirmed what was physically sitting in her home..

Last week I spoke with a very nice lady who said I could switch the box and they would give her credit on her bill.  Today, I was quickly told she would not be getting any credit and if she wanted DVR service they would send someone to enable her DVR....

She never wanted DVR... but they got their 15.99 per month for SEVERAL months.  I feel responsible because I didn't look closer at her bill.  She feels bad she didn't pay more close attention....Live and Learn.. but don't ever think Suddenlink will do you any favors.  They could have offered her some credit.. We will now be switching to one of the competitors in the area and pay close attention to the bills each month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2012 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suddenlink/Tyler-Paris-Texas-75460/Suddenlink-My-90-year-old-mother-has-been-charged-1599-per-month-for-a-year-for-DVR-serv-827334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suddenlink

Suddenlink Help

AUTHOR: Suddenlink Ashley - (United States of America)

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink.  I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than exceptional.  I would be happy to investigate your mother's account and work with management in her area to resolve.  Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.  Thank you!

citys