Complaint Review: Suddenly Slender

• Submitted: Wed, January 28, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2009

• Reported By:Clearwater Florida
Suddenly Slender
1620 N. Hercules Ave., Suite G Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Suddenly Slender - VMM Enterprises Franchise Sales and Rebuttal of Prior 5 Reports Clearwater Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Where Are They Now?

I am the Director of Corporate Affairs for Suddenly Slender, and after a telephone call from one of our Licensees who IS successful, I felt compelled to answer these complaints. As I speak to literally hundreds of successful and happy Licensees and Franchisees every week, I feel I have first hand knowledge to voice my thoughts.

In reference to the "horrendous" FDA complaints, the issues mentioned were from a report from 2003. They involved ONE product, which was all recalled, and we have had no issues with them since. If they only came to light in 2008 or 2009, apparently it was not newsworthy.

The FDA does not give "gold stars" or reports to any companies who have complied with rulings, as we have. There is no indication to anyone that the FDA is happy with compliance issues after they do a reinspection. They come back, reinspect, and if they are happy with what they find, they go on their way.

As far as our Franchises are concerned, you would be hard pressed to find a Franchise offering that does NOT include royalties or an advertising fund. Call McDonalds and ask them about their franchises. Our advertising fund is for the benefit of current Licensees and Franchisees, and is used for bona fide advertising. NOT THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER.

It seems to me that the person who wrote the original complaint and the update dated January 6, 2009, apparently must not have been very successful in their business endeavors if the only way of passing their time is to make incomplete or erroneous statements such as this complaint. We extend our sympathies to this person as it appears their business acumen is substantially lacking in some areas.

Suddenly Slender has been and still is in business for the past 40 years. I would like to hear from other companies who have been around for more than a year or two who have not had any complaints against them. I don't expect very many responses.

Cindy
Clearwater, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2009 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suddenly-Slender/Clearwater-Florida-33765/Suddenly-Slender-VMM-Enterprises-Franchise-Sales-and-Rebuttal-of-Prior-5-Reports-Clearwa-417386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suddenly Slender

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Where Are They Now?

AUTHOR: Older And Wiser - (U.S.A.)

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth my time and energy to keep battling the lies of Suddenly Slender and Victoria Morton. Just as I think I've had enough and decide to let future victims figure it out for themselves, this nagging little voice tells me to keep doing the right thing and try to prevent others from suffering the way I and hundreds of others have.

Have you ever noticed that lies are so much easier to believe than truth? I think that is because a lie is normally something we WANT to hear and doesn't cause us any grief. It allows us to bury our heads in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong. The truth, on the other hand, is normally something we DON'T want to hear and forces us to pull our heads out of the sand and deal with things we would prefer to ignore.

Cindy has made quite an impressive attempt to say all the right things and to smooth things over in response to all of the previous complaints. Considering the fact that she has only been employed by Suddenly Slender for approximately a month, she seems to be learning quickly.

Cindy states she is responding due to the comments of ONE successful Licensee. Granted, there may be ONE successful Licensee, so I won't argue that point. She then states that she speaks to "literally hundreds of happy, successful Licensees and Franchisees every week." I would think that is a bit difficult since they don't HAVE hundreds of Licensees and Franchisees. The "Shop Locator List" posted on their website is so completely bogus since the majority of those businesses are no longer open.

Cindy also brings up the "horrendous FDA complaints." I'm not going to beat this "dead horse" anymore. Cindy, I challenge you to read EVERY FDA report and EVERY follow-up letter between the FDA and Suddenly Slender dating back to 2003....and then let's see if YOU are confident enough in the purity and safety of those products to go get a series of body wraps using Victoria Morton's solution.

Oh my, forgive me, but I lapsed into a fit of uncontrollable laughter when I read this comment from Cindy, "Our advertising fund is for the benefit of current Licensees and Franchisees, and is used for bona fide advertising. NOT THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER."

I hate to break it to you, Cindy, but the NATIONAL ENQUIRER is exactly where Ms. Morton chose to waste a lot of advertising dollars. Off hand, I'm not sure if it was 2006 or 2007, but Ms. Morton advertised for four straight weeks (Sept. 22 - Oct. 13) in the National Enquirer. I still have copies of those ads if you would like to see them. "Bona fide advertising?" Sure.....right next to the article about the aliens landing and snatching our bodies! It was no surprise to the Licensees that NONE of us received any business from those ads.

And last, but not least, this statement from Cindy leads to many more unsettling questions that seem to go unanswered, "Suddenly Slender has been and still is in business for the past 40 years." Where EXACTLY is Suddenly Slender now? On the SuddenlySlender.com home page, the old address of 172 N. Belcher Road, Clearwater, Florida is listed....but the building is empty! On all other pages of the Suddenly Slender website, 1620 N. Hercules Avenue, Suite G, Clearwater, Florida is listed. Alas, that delapidated location (which used to serve as their laboratory) is also empty! As of last week, there was no sign of life or activity at either location....other than from the spiders that have taken up residency!

Has Ms. Morton been reduced to having to work out of her home due to the bankruptcy? Is Ms. Morton using a local Licensee's salon as a front for her business now...as rumored? If business is so lucrative and Suddenly Slender is thriving as you say, then WHERE is this wonderful business located? ENQUIRING minds want to know!