Complaint Review: Suess Electronics

• Submitted: Sat, March 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 28, 2009

• Reported By:Menasha Wisconsin
Suess Electronics
2520 West Wisconsin Ave. Appleton, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Suess Electronics Referred to Suess by Sony- No Help, Zilch, Nada Appleton Wisconsin

*Consumer Suggestion: Do not go to Future Electronics in Oshkosh

I purchased a Sony HDTV from a competitor of Suess 3 years ago. About 2 months ago, I noticed a yellowish/greenish haze on the screen, so I Googled the TV type and my issue, and low-and-behold, enough customers had suffered the same situation as me that a class action suit was filed and settled with the Sony Corporation.

To make myself and my televison whole again, I called the Sony help line to get my televison repaired. After "troubleshooting" for roughly fifteen minutes, the Sony representive decided I needed to call an authorized Sony repair shop. He gave me two alternatives, Suess Electronics in Appleton or Future Electronics in Oshkosh. I decided that a local repairman would be the better alternative, so I visited Suess Electronics.

I approached the smiley salesman at the front door, and explained my situation. He responded, verbatim " Even under these circumstances, unless we sold it, we don't service it". I answered "But Sony themselves told me to contact you for service". With a condescending smirk, he replied "yes, we always come up top on the list for service, after all we are the number one Sony repair shop in the state of Wisconsin. And yes, we can repair any TV, but unless we sold it, we will not service it."

I will be calling Sony tomorrow to inform them not to refer anybody else to Suess Electronics. I hope that they (Sony) yank the sticker off the front window of their establishment. I have been a Sony fan for decades and hate to see their reputation tarnished by the charliton's at Suess Electronics in Appleton.

Suess Electronics: Rebuttal Please...

I will never buy anything from Suess, and I will tell as many people as I can to shop anywhere else.

I hope Future Electronics isn't as unpleasant to deal with.

Yatscat
Menasha, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2009 11:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suess-Electronics/Appleton-Wisconsin/Suess-Electronics-Referred-to-Suess-by-Sony-No-Help-Zilch-Nada-Appleton-Wisconsin-438753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suess Electronics

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Do not go to Future Electronics in Oshkosh

AUTHOR: happenstoooften - ()

I saw your report because I am going to file a report about Future Electronics in Oshkosh and yours came up. if you take your tv to Future Electronics in Oshkosh you will never see it again.

I brought my tv to them last year in June and every time I call to get it back they tell me that they are putting it back together. They first told me that the part I needed was on back order. Then they told me that they no longer make that part. Each time I had to call them and they lie. The part they need is available and when I spoke to Panasonic they mentioned that any part can be rebuilt if it is no longer in production. To this day I have not yet seen my tv and when I call for it I asked for the part number that was needed and he told me that if I'm ordering it I'm on my own. I mentioned that I want my money back for the diagnostic since he wouldn't give me any informational he hung up on me.

Your best chance is going to Authorised TV in Green Bay. they were nice to me over the phone and explained the entire prices. they also mentioned that it should never take more than a month to repair any tv even if the part is on back order.