Complaint Review: Suffolk County Family Court

• Submitted: Tue, April 16, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, July 16, 2009

• Reported By:Brightwaters NY
Suffolk County Family Court
Central Islip, NY Central Islip, New York U.S.A.

Suffolk County Family Court corruption Central Islip New York

*Consumer Comment: Actions to take when Support Majestrys do not do their jobs how to fight back.

I need HELP! My daughter lived w/ me her WHOLE LIFE from 2-16 yrs old, wherein I raised her as a single parent. Her father is a doctor & was FORCED to pay child support by me taking him to court over MANY years. When my daughter turned 16, she decided the grass was greener @ dirt-bag's house. He promised her a new car, her own room & freedom. In exchange, I had to sign over custody to dirt-bag, so he didn't have to pay child support to me anymore. I did so, reluctantly. A year later, at age 17, and in her senior year of high school, dirt bag kicked her out of his house. He drove her to my house late one night w/ all her things strewn on my lawn in Hefty Bags. Although he physically relinquished custody by throwing her out, he refused to give me LEGAL custody. When I turned to my lawyer & Suffolk County Family Court, this DIRTBAG Judge REFUSED to change custody back to ME because he said it would "help my ex husband get out of paying for his daughter's college expenses!" What is HAS Done is prevented me from collecting ANY child support from this dirt bag, because even though she STILL lives w/ me while not at college, & I still have to pay ALL her expenses ALONE, HE has legal custody. I have forced him to pay for her college tuition alone (it's MUCH LESS than the child support he'd owe!!!!!) but I am unemployed for 6 months after 9/11 & suffer from physical ailments that prevent my working full-time. I still am responsible for 100% of my daughter's care because she lives with me! I drove her to college, unpacked her, picked her up, pay for her expenses, and food, and clothing. I told her to get a part-time job. Her father SHOULD be helping! Any ideas? My child support agreement originally called for him to pay her child support til she's 21. I've gotten ZERO from him since she turned 16 years old. She's now almost 19. Because this short-sighted judge in Suffolk County screwed me in the long run, I feel I have no recourse. Any help out there? I'm broke. My lawyer charged me $1500 for getting me NOWHERE.

R.M.
W. Islip, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2002 06:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suffolk-County-Family-Court/Central-Islip-New-York/Suffolk-County-Family-Court-corruption-Central-Islip-New-York-18912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suffolk County Family Court

Actions to take when Support Majestrys do not do their jobs how to fight back.

AUTHOR: Fightback - (U.S.A.)

I to was in front of Support Majestry Orlando in the Suffolk Family Court. For over seven years she did not enforce my Supreme Court Ordered Divorce Decree/Agreement. Here are some steps to take when you are not in agreement with the courts decision. Note Attorneys nor most of the staff of the court will tell you of your rights. First thing to do when you are not satisfied with the courts decision. File an objection, you can obtain the form at the law library in Central Islip, let a judge decide whether or not the support majestry did her job correctly. Second write a letter to Judge Peter Passademo call 914-824-5703 for his address he over sees the support majestry in Central Islip. Also right a letter to Judge Pfau office she is the supervising administrative judge for all support majestries in Central Islip call 212-428-2800 for her address. The only way to have your case reveiwed by a judge is to object to a support majestry decision. The way to see to it that the support majestry you are dealing with gets whats coming to them is to write a letter to Peter Passademo's office, this letter will be put in the support majestry file and will be reviewed when they are up for reappointment or review. I to have gone down a long rode to try to enforce my divorce agreeement since a fair and honest support majestry was promoted to family court judge in Riverhead. I see Support Majestry Orlando as nothing more then a power freak who sides with the violator and not the child. It makes me wonder how this woman sleeps at night. My wish for the pain and heartache she has caused my own child is for her own grandchild to been the victum of divorced parents, her to be retired with no connections to the court and a support majestry to not enforce any provisions set up to protect that child. From my mouth to God's ear for all the pain and suffering she causes. Ladies take the time to object its your right, if you file a petiton and you see the support majestry is being bias towards your ex, withdraw the petition or just object it's your right also be sure to right letters of complaints. It will have a bearing on the end. The old support majestrys have left what we deal with now are power freaks who haven't forgotten their jobs are to protect the children not the non custodial parent. The family court is now a money making machine for the government, so sad.

involves