Complaint Review: Sugar Stores www.sugarstores.com

• Reported By: David S — Encino California
Sugar Stores www.sugarstores.com
Internet USA

Sugar Stores www.sugarstores.com Sugar Stores is a FRAUD! Internet

I ordered 4 outdoor bar stools from www.sugarstores.com.  I received the bar stools on Thursday, June 13, 2013.  When I tried to assemble the first bar stool, I figured out that a piece of the stool that is used to move the stool higher or lower was welded incorrectly.  I opened the 2nd box and saw that that was welded incorrectly as well.  I called Sugar Stores on Friday and spoke to Ana in their customer Service department.  Ana told me that she has heard the same complaint with this particular product and she will have the claims department contact me the follwing week.

On Tuesday, I received an email from claims@sugarstores.com saying that they will return the item at a 25% restocking fee.  The claims representative is Brittney.  I emailed back and said that I will not accept paying a 25% restocking fee because the merchandise was defective.  I also mentioned that they should not be selling items if they are deffective and that Ana at extension 122 told me that she has had the same complaints about this product from different customers.  We went back and forth with a few emails.  Her last email said that the best they could do is charge me a 15% restocking fee.

Why should a customer that is purchasing a product in good faith have to pay a 15% restocking fee for merchandise that is defective?  Why should I have to lose money for their mistakes?  Why are they even selling this product if they have had previous customers complain about the same issue that I had?

I emailed her back saying that what her and her company are doing is illegal and that I will deal with them on my own.

A few things that really bothered me was that Ana or Brittney will not give out their last names and when Brittney emails you she only has her first name on all of her emails.  This web site and company is a FRAUD!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2013 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sugar-Stores-wwwsugarstorescom/internet/Sugar-Stores-wwwsugarstorescom-Sugar-Stores-is-a-FRAUD-Internet-1060471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sugar Stores www.sugarstores.com