receives

• Submitted: Tue, November 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: Joe — United States of America
Sugardaddyforme.com

Sugardaddyforme.com Great at charging you, bad at everything else (including canceling your account!!!!), Internet

*Author of original report: ....and the cancellation?

*Consumer Comment: Use of Bait Accounts

*UPDATE Employee: No bait accounts

*Author of original report: Don't be fooled by these scammers!!!

*Author of original report: Don't be fooled by these scammers!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Sugardaddyforme.com CS

This site is a joke.  Let me count the ways.

1)  Too many fake profiles.
  a)  Some fakes are maintained by third parties, trying to scam you out of money.  These are, understandably, the hardest for a site to police, however, this site takes no active interest in policing these profiles.  Continued reports to the site of a discovered fake account result in no action.
  b)  Many fakes are maintained by the site themselves!!!  How do I know this?  I set up two accounts.  First I setup my real account.  I didn't pay for it at first and several local, attractive members contacted me, asking me to upgrade so we could communicate.  So, I did, and those members would then not respond.  Not a big deal; happens all the time on dating sites, right?  Welllllllll, then I setup a second account.  However, this account had no real information in it.  I put in no pictures, and I put in no information about myself.  Lo, and behold, those same attractive members from before contacted me again on this second profile, saying the same thing:  "Please upgrade so I can talk to you."  So, these are bait accounts maintained by the site to get standard members to pay.

2)  Payments and cancellation.
I paid for a few months, then contacted them to cancel my account.  I contacted them 5 days before my membership was set to renew asking for cancellation.  7 days later, when my membership had already renewed again, I got a response from them saying (this is a paraphrase) "Sorry for the delayed response.  We've received your request to cancel, however, we see your membership has already renewed.  We have a 'no refunds' policy, however, as compensation, please enjoy a full membership for 2 more months".  In other words, even though I contacted them well before my renewal date, they charged me anyway, and then, even though THEY were too slow to stop the autorenewal, they refused to give me a refund and instead gave me a free month.  Unacceptable.  We went back and forth for about a month and a half before I finally called my credit card and reported the transaction as fraudulent (My credit company agreed and reimbursed my account).

Don't get lured in!!! There are many other 'elite' dating services that are legitimate and not scams like this one!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2012 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sugardaddyformecom/internet/Sugardaddyformecom-Great-at-charging-you-bad-at-everything-else-including-canceling-yo-965467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sugardaddyforme.com

....and the cancellation?

AUTHOR: Joe - (United States of America)

So, look.  All the evidence is there for bait accounts.  We've both presented our theories on why super attractive people are contacting unpaid blank accounts with no pictures.  The readers may come to their own conclusions.

That still leaves the issue of the cancellation.  Yes, you read, received and responded to my cancellation request 7 days after I sent it.  And inboxes get full, I understand that.  The issue is why you think you shouldn't refund my membership fee that was charged 5 days after I sent my cancellation request?  In fact, you believed so strongly that I should pay for that extra month that I had to contact my credit card company to get the charges reversed.

Taking a long time to go through all of your emails is not the issue.  Charging me 5 days after a request to cancel was submitted is the issue.  Not recognizing the error, and, in fact being combative with me on the error is the issue.  Just another shady business practice over there.

Use of Bait Accounts

AUTHOR: clizia - (United States of America)

Yeah im pretty sure they do use bait accounts, would can come up with an excuse for all the reasons mentioned, but no doubt they are bait accounts.

No bait accounts

AUTHOR: Sugardaddyforme.com Manager - (United States of America)

Again I apologize for the difficulties you experienced with your cancellation. If you are still having issues resolving that concern, please email our site administrator at the email previously provided and we will work to resolve it.

Again, we do NOT employ the use of, nor do we maintain, bait accounts. There are plenty of reasons why a member may have contacted you once and not replied to your response. We have members who establish profiles and are active the first day and it may be weeks before they log in again. Perhaps the member had a free trial allowing them to contact members and when you replied to them, they are unable to reply due to a change in their membership level. Then there are the fake scammer profiles who contact legitimate members hoping to have the member reply with some form of contact information off the site. We work 24 hours, 7 days a week trying to keep such accounts off the site. Unfortunately, some times the only way we have to know of such activity is for members to report it.

Again if we can assist you further, please contact our site administrator at kasaundral@live.com.

CS manager
Sugardaddyforme.com

Don't be fooled by these scammers!!!

AUTHOR: Joe - (United States of America)

Through experience, I've learned that any site that actively trolls review sites and responds to every bad review is generally a scam.  Any legitimate company would put resources into creating a better customer experience and reducing bad reviews, rather than trying to respond to each and every one of them.

This incident is a perfect example.  It took them 7 days to respond to my request for cancellation.  We went 'round and 'round for 1.5 months while I tried to get the money back that they fraudulently charged to my credit card.  Why so long?  Because every time I sent them an email, it took 3-7 days for them to respond.  But, when I submitted a bad review here on ripoffreport it only took them 20 hours to respond.  Not even a full day!  This is simply not the behaviour of a legitimate company.

And don't bother trying to pacify me about users that don't respond.  That's not the issue.  The issue is users that initiate contact with non-paying members with entirely blank profiles.  Nobody....NOBODY....sends a 'Hey you're really cute!' message to unpaid profiles that are completely blank with no pictures. (Yes, I said 'profiles'.  I tried this test more than once).

There are no mysteries, here.  The explanation is simple.  This site maintains bait accounts that contact unpaid users, asking them to upgrade because 'they're really cute'.  There is, simply, no other explanation for this.

Think about it.  The ONLY other explanation is that there are a bunch of highly attractive people, sitting in front of their computer, looking at hundreds of detailed profiles with pictures, but, they choose to contact unpaid members with no information in their profile and no pictures.  Does that sound like the behaviour of attractive people.  Does that sound like the behaviour of ANYBODY?

Don't be fooled by these scammers!!!

AUTHOR: Joe - (United States of America)

And don't bother trying to pacify me about users that don't respond.  That's not the issue.  The issue is users that initiate contact with non-paying members with entirely blank profiles.  Nobody....NOBODY....sends a 'Hey you're really cute!' message to profiles that are completely blank with no pictures. (Yes, I said 'profiles'.  I tried more than once).

Sugardaddyforme.com CS

AUTHOR: Sugardaddyforme.com Manager - (United States of America)

Dear Joe,

I am sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience while visiting our site. I would like to take a moment and address your concerns.

We do actively police the site the scammer profiles. We investigate ALL reports of such activities. A lot of time the problem comes down to what actions are performed on site and what happens between members while outside the site. We strongly encourage ALL members to keep not share contact information until a relationship has been established.

We do not maintain profiles to lure members into upgrading. Unfortunately, we have no control over whether or not members respond to your messages. I can appreciate the frustration you feel, however, we do not run bait accounts.

Regarding your cancellation experience, I do sincerely apologize for the difficulties you experienced. We do read and respond to each email we receive. Unfortunately, we are only human and your cancel request was missed. Again, I apologize. If you require further assistance, please contact our site director directly at kasaundral @ live .com.

CS Manager